ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Provide leadership, direction, and support to staff on shift in coordination with the Manager. This includes scheduling, training, compliance, and other administrative support.
3. Promote a positive morale among staff by modeling and encouraging effective teamwork and communications. Continually work to promote successful working relationships among all co-workers; alert administrative staff of situations that may require further intervention.
4. Responsible for the creation and coordination of provider schedules across multiple locations.
5. Participate and perform daily audits to include, but not limited to consumer compliance, random UDS drop lists, financial and insurance related requests.
6. Serve as the first contact for resolving client complaints.
7. Elevate employee relation concerns to Manager.
8. Assist administrative team on special projects.
9. Assist with front end operations as needed.
10. Fill in for Medical Assistants as needed.
a. Coordinates and implements infection control procedures and other quality assurance procedures to protect consumers, staff, and their associates.
b. Document physical assessments, laboratory results/needs, and progress in treatment within the specified medical record keeping system as directed by licensed medical staff.
c. Receiving patients and natural supports; screens phone calls; takes messages or makes appropriate referrals; provides factual information regarding the County or specific health unit activities and service which may require the interpretation of rules, policies and/or procedures when needed.
d. Organizes patient charts for daily appointment schedule preparation and varied recordkeeping activities; may pull and file charts located within assigned area; reviews charts for necessary documentation and receive diagnostic test authorizations from health care staff; closes patient charts as authorized.
e. Provides for intake and registration of patients; interviews patients to obtain medical information and appropriate documentation required to open patient charts.
f. Facilitate vitals. Collection and maintenance of program drug/alcohol screens.
g. Informs professional staff of lab, medication/injections as needed and diagnostic test results in accordance with established policies and procedures.
h. Transcribes patient information presenting problem, histories, physical examination notes and related patient medical information containing specialized medical terminology; types various correspondence and documentation pertaining to patient diagnosis and treatment from drafts, dictated tapes or notes into the medical record keeping system (EMR) as determined by the prescribing agent.
May perform routine billing, preparation of medical procedure or test orders, and a variety of patient processing, documentation and recordkeeping duties, depending upon assignment.
i. Review of documentation with the prescriber as needed to ensure that quality standards are optimal.
j. Provide consumer education and support documents when directed by the prescribing professional.
k. Assist with the obtainment of medications through prior authorizations, coordination with pharmacies, nurses and/or drug manufactures as needed.
l. Coordinate with the prescriber to reviews all documentation completed via transcribing when the patient encounter has concluded. Make needed corrections to the medical record as outlined by the prescriber/licensed medical staff. The finalized document is reviewed by the prescriber/licensed medical staff and signed by the said staff which secures the prescriber/licensed staff responsibility of the medical record.
m. Assist nursing staff as directed to ensure consumer care.
n. Complete daily medication reconciliation.
o. Perform detailed medical office support work accurately.
p. Prioritize work and coordinate several activities.
q. Organize and maintain accurate patient and general files and records.
r. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
11. Other duties, as assigned.