The Business Systems/Developer II is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
• This is a mid-level position on the Business Solutions Team under the guidance of the IT Operations Manager.
• This position is responsible for system analysis, system integration, and creation of applications and databases for Hope Network.
• The position includes being a liaison between the primary business units of Hope Network and the IT Department. This position will also be involved in the highest internal level of troubleshooting applications, developing a consistent methodology, and eliminating duplication across applications.
• The position is responsible for coordinating with other team members to ensure maximum utilization of application systems for positive business impact.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Works with team members across Hope Network to develop secure systems of access to Hope Network applications and databases.
3. Works with Hope Network staff to define and develop internal software applications/tools as needed.
4. Manages implementations of new applications or upgrades as required.
5. Will assist team members to integrate data across applications or service lines as needed. Recommends and initiates improvements in data integration, which minimize duplicative entry and maximize retrieval of useable information.
6. Responsible for documenting the workflow for applications using Microsoft Visio to align the process needs with the application, testing and verification of the new software, the cost allocation of the application and the support impact for the IT department.
7. Responsible for training or arranging training for all applications as requested.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. SSRS/SSAS/SSIS/Data warehousing/Data Mining experience
2. SharePoint Administration, Development, InfoPath, Performance Point, or Workflow experience
3. Windows Workflow Foundation experience
4. Experience with Enterprise System Application Architecture
5. Education in Systems Analysis or Computer Science (Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience)
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum of 5-8 years of technology experience with
a. At least 3-5 years programming/maintaining business applications using
i. Microsoft Visual Studio
iv. Full application life cycle support
v. Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
vi. WinForms and/or ASP.NET/HTML/CSS
b. At least 3-5 years of SQL Server experience
i. SQL Server
iv. SQL database design
c. At least 3-5 years of Business Analysis experience.
d. Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a business environment in areas related to HR, Payroll, Accounting, or IT
e. A good working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques and best practices
f. A strong passion for providing solutions to business challenges
2. Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, networking, databases, and user support
3. A results oriented individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills
4. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences
5. Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft Visio
6. Good project management skills
7. Experience in requirement gathering and analysis methodologies, development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
8. Experience integrating data across multiple applications to achieve business results
9. Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
10. Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment with changing priorities
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills
12. Out of state and overnight travel may be required (limited)
13. Must have a valid Driver’s License