The Associate Production Truck Driver is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Loading and unloading trucks Using Hilo. Perform normal, routine maintenance on the assigned vehicles. Accurately accounting for materials loaded on trucks. Provides switching resource as needed for Shipping / Receiving docks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Load and unload trucks using Hilo (approximately 80% of shift).
3. Utilize Nulogy software system for trailer inspections/moves, and entering Preventive Maintenance Inspections for tractors.
4. Monitor the outside parking lots for incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure the freight is located in the right locations in timely manner and according to safety procedures.
5. In a safe and timely manner, move trailers to the respective locations without damaging personnel, equipment or property (approximately 20% of shift).
6. Make pickups and deliveries to both subcontract customers and Hope Network West Michigan centers.
7. Monitor the shipping, loading, and unloading procedures to ensure quality, timeliness, and safety.
8. Perform normal, routine maintenance on assigned vehicles and report all such problems to the Materials Manager.
9. Notify shippers of equipment issues when it is warranted to ensure the continuing of equipment usage.
10. Operate truck in a safe manner and in accordance with the motor vehicle code.
11. May be asked to occasionally work other shifts to cover for abscences.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High School diploma or GED preferred.
2. Hil-lo license.
3. Knowledge of the Greater Grand Rapids area.
4. Ability to obtain valid Federal Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with the proper endorsement to drive a semi-truck.
5. Driving record acceptable according to Hope Network West Michigan policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum of one year of employment experience driving a large semi-truck.