ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assist patients with tasks, as directed for supervised skilled clinical treatment, long term restorative care to persons served on BADL/IADL, functional mobility, cognitive/communication skills, therapeutic recreation, and vocational services to reach highest level of independence and quality of life.
3. Provide services as assigned in a rehabilitation facility, long-term facility, and home/community settings, with frequent supervision and/or support. Travel, including escorting residents/consumers, in a company vehicle is required in this position.
4. Able to communicate the details from any visits or sessions, both positive and problematic, to supervisor, external stakeholders, social worker, case manager or identified team member(s).
5. Monitor functional skills and routines by referencing care plan forms and regular collaboration with clinician directing care. Communicate with designated staff regarding individual and programmatic issues/concerns. Update direct supervisor, and/or identified team members to promote consistency and continuity of programming.
6. Understand, follow treatment plans, and respond to health, safety, medical, behavioral, and interests of the person served, as prescribed and according to training protocols (e.g. following diabetic diet, weight bearing restrictions, behavior plans, and/or protective supervision). Documents outcome measures and reports any health, medical, behavioral, social, or cognitive concerns to the appropriate team member.
7. Demonstrates an awareness of and responds to signs of abuse, neglect or exploitation. Follows procedures to protect a consumer from such harm. Possesses knowledge of and can successfully implement Hope Network Safety Plans and Procedures, including emergency situations.
8. Recognizes communication as a core function of support. Uses effective communication skills to establish a collaborative therapeutic relationship with the person served, personal relationships, and external stakeholders.
9. Demonstrates professional behavior in home and community that is consistent with Hope Network’s culture, mission, values, policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and skill in the implementation of specialized plans and techniques as indicated by the need of the person served or directed by a medical, behavioral or clinical team member.
11. Knowledgeable of crisis prevention, intervention and resolution techniques and is able to demonstrate and match techniques to particular circumstances (i.e. SAMA, de-escalation techniques, etc.)
12. Maintain accurate records of treatment through data collection and established documentation requirements. Complete timely documentation of all consumer records, including, but not limited to: incident reports, treatment notes, behavioral program data collection, etc. Must possess writing skills that enable the communication of detailed information, critical incidents, physician/clinical instructions, participation of the person served and responses to clinical interventions.
13. Able to complete the required billing of services through eCare, meeting productivity standards of the position as applicable. Work to reduce cancellations and offer coworkers help with patients if unavoidable.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of the diverse challenges facing the person served (e.g., human rights, legal, administrative and financial) and acts as an informal advocate. Supports the person served in leading a self-determining life by providing opportunities to build self-esteem and confidence, make informed decisions and advocate on his or her own behalf, if able.
15. Promote teamwork. Address issues/concerns by recommending solutions. Model and promote good morale within work environment.
16. If applicable to service line, meet production quality requirements, job procedures, packaging requirements, etc. as defined by the company for sub-contracted work. Supervise, coach and work side by side on tasks as required. Record required payment for client work on approved documentation which meets DOL standards.
17. Perform tasks necessary for the efficient operation of the facility/program, as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. maintaining safe and clean work areas including company vehicles
b. organization of storage and program areas
c. general pool maintenance (GR only)
d. managing equipment inventory, safety, and cleaning
18. Actively participates in staff meetings, trainings, new staff orientation and team building when requested
19. Other duties as assigned.