The Minister of Outreach is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The Minister for Pastoral Care is responsible for the development of systems and/or resources for the spiritual support of the individuals served through Hope Network. The Minister of Pastoral Care must be able to travel and work in the field at least sixty percent (60%) of the time; recruiting church partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management as long as the duties are lawful, ethical, and within best business practices.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Regular and predictable reporting requirements and participation in supervisory meetings is an essential requirement for the success of this position and the spiritual growth and awarness of the function that Pastoral Services plays both internally and externally.
3. Responsible to establish and develop credible rapport that includes a ministry presence with persons served, staff, guardians, church partners, volunteers and stakeholders.
4. Responsible to provide regular and appropriate pastoral visits and contacts that include worship opportunities for persons served within assigned territories throughout Hope Network that result in consistency and continuity of spiritual support services.
5. Conducts public speaking engagements and workshops within the communities that we serve that result in increased awarness and understanding of the spiritual needs of persons served and the importance of inclusion with the church community.
6. Responsible for the development and growth of church partnerships and volunteer opportunities within the communities in which we serve. This includes; recruitment, education, training and the retention of volunteers.
7. Responsible for the attendance and participation in departmental staff meetings, and/or other team events and other organizational events as needed and required.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Must be a seminary graduate who demonstrates evidence of the call to ministry.
2. Must be an ordained Christian minister.
3. Must have at least three (3) units of Clinical Pastoral education.
4. Ability to connect with and navigate with diverse cultures while exercising diplomacy.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
6. Strong communication skills – both orally and in writing.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work independently on projects and respond to the crisis needs of persons served and/or the organization.
8. Ability to maintain a good balance; prioritizing the needs between the field and the demands of the organization.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Must have three (3) years of demonstrated ministry experience.
2. Must be comfortable working in a fast paced ever evolving organization that presents multiple prioritizes and needs.
3. Must be comfortable with public speaking and cold calling.
4. Must be able to meet the driving standards of the organization, posses a valid driver’s license.
5. Must be an innovative thinker who is able to design and build systems of care for those we serve.