The Medical Assistant is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Assisting the Nursing Supervisor in the operation of the program. This includes monitoring operation of the medication administration and direct client health care of program residents and assessment of medical needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Dispense, procure, monitor and evaluate client medications.
3. Monitor and treat chronic and emergency medical conditions and illnesses within the advisement of the Registered Nurse or affiliate physicians.
4. Act as general consultant on medical and health related issues under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
5. Coordinates and implements infection control procedures and other quality assurance procedures to protect residents, staff, and their associates.
6. Document medical treatment and health status in individual records for continuity of care and treatment team reference.
7. Document physical assessments and nurse’s notes as established by nursing program guidelines.
8. Provide leadership, support, and direction to staff to facilitate communication, problem solving, and program development as related to nursing issues.
9. Assist in the direct supervision of residents or is aware of general whereabouts of residents (depending upon assessed level of independence).
10. Participates in the development and implementation of individual treatment programs and nursing care plans for residents.
a. Implement goals of clinical team for each resident, using approved program methods and instructors.
b. Participate in team meetings as assigned.
c. Provide observational data information for evaluation and treatment planning purposes.
d. Communicate with supervisor and designated clinical staff regarding resident and program issues.
e. Assist in quarterly care plan evaluations, AIMS testing, monthly assessments, and weekly nurse’s notes on residents of assigned team.
f. Supervises and/or provides hands-on assistance in residents' activities of daily living and self-care tasks as directed by supervisor.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Medical Assistant Certification or Training by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or the Association or Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
2. Ability to interact with staff and residents of diverse populations required
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Ability to perform non-physical and physical interventions with clients in accordance with CMH guidelines and Behavioral Management plans in order to protect the client, other clients and self. This requires the physical ability to appropriately restrain a client with or without assistance from co-workers
5. Demonstrated Leadership Skills required
6. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
7. Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network corporate policy
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One year of experience
2. One through two years of experience