The Maintenance Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of Hope Network West Michigan facilities. Maintain 24-hour emergency on-call schedule. The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Perform routine, semi-skilled maintenance tasks including but not limited to: Finish Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliances, Interior Repair Work, Exterior Work, Grounds keeping, and the necessary documentation and completion within Hope Network West Michigan guidelines.
3. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment. Be available on a 24-hour emergency basis.
4. Strong problem solving skills to diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
5. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
6. Perform regular preventative maintenance on equipment and company facilities.
7. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
8. Detect faulty operations or defective material and report those and any unusual situations to your supervisor.
9. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
10. Additional departmental responsibilities/duties as assigned.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
1. Pro-active problem solving skills and advance maintenance techniques to prevent equipment malfunction.
2. Ability to design and follow through on preventative maintenance programs including recording of appropriate records.
3. Train operators and line leaders with applicable machine settings, simple set ups and changeovers in a safe manner.
4. Must comply with AIB, SOPs, GMPs, ISO, as well as MIOSHA regulations.
5. Responsive to equipment breakdowns and changeovers.
6. Able to fabricate components as required including welding if needed.
7. Must have/able to obtain a forklift license.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED preferred or equivalent work experience.
2. Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Hope Network West Michigan policies.
3. Ability to be flexible, work independently, and meet deadlines.
4. Willingness to contribute and be part of an effective team.
5. Excellent organizational, communication, and composition skills with the ability to multi-task.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. At least one year of maintenance experience preferred. General maintenance experience necessary.
2. Knowledge of equipment necessary to perform maintenance duties.
3. Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry is preferred.
4. Ability to use miscellaneous office equipment (calculators, computers, fax machines, copiers, etc.)