The Hi/Lo Driver is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for staging product for processing, moving completed product to shrink-wrap area, and moving product to shipping. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Locating customer product in inventory at Plant 1.
3. Transferring customer product via Hi/Lo to staging area of individual production lines.
4. Maintain accurate daily record of customer product moved to staging area and advise supervisor.
5. Maintain accurate daily record of finished goods moved to shipping area and advise supervisor.
6. Assist in maintaining an organized, clean, safe, secure, and efficient production and storage area.
7. Observe and maintain OSHA, AIB, and ISO standards in daily work.
8. Maintain accurate daily record of HNI production supplies moved to proper storage and staging areas.
9. Assist Production Shipping and Receiving Assistant as necessary.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School diploma or GED preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written formats to meet position requirements.
3. Physical ability to twist, turn, bend, stoop, and kneel on a regular basis.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Hope Network West Michigan policy is recommended but not required.
5. Basic math skills in addition, multiplication, division, and subtraction.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Experience in a production setting.
2. Experience using a Hi/Lo.
3. Experience with QS9000 and AIB Standards.
4. Experience in computer data entry.