The Transitional Employment Janitor is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: General janitorial functions including: Dusting, mopping sweeping/vacuuming, restroom cleaning and trash/recycle. The Transitional Employment Janitor must be able to perform the duties as assigned according to contract specifications. This is a program model position of gainful employment for a six (6) month period.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position
2. Clean lobby and restroom floors by sweeping or vacuuming them.
3. Gather and empty trash in lobby and restrooms.
4. Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
5. Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
e. Cob Webs
6. Clean windows inside restroom, lobby and external, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
7. Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
8. Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications. .
9. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures. .
10. Inform Office Manager of supplies and/or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
11. Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
12. Clean up Parking Lot; grass, sidewalk
a. Cigarette Butts
13. Empty outside trash containers and cigarette butt receptacles.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Have the desire to learn new skills, abilities and knowledge.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Past janitorial experience helpful but not required.
2. Past experience with Green Clean products is helpful.