The Financial Assistant is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: This position will support the DCS management team by providing assistance and support to ensure that all billable services are correctly entered in Hope Network’s EMR and billed to the payor. This position will work with staff to make necessary corrections to services which are not billed due to error. Position will assist the Business Director as needed in development and review of program budgets, funding sources, contract management and programmatic changes needed to enhance financial stability. Position will conduct regular integrity audits of services provided and report back to Business Director, payors, and management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Conduct monthly Integrity Audits of services provided.
3. Assist staff with needs related to EMR billing procedures and investigate/analyze billing issues.
4. Analyze cost center budgets with a focus on financial improvement.
5. Create and produce monthly/weekly/daily reports for management staff.
6. Assist with financial forecasting, cash flows, balance sheet, and budgeting.
7. Review service claims to identify trends and areas of improvement.
8. Assist with external audit preparation, support and documentation.
9. Provide analytical support for new contracts and other business opportunities.
10. Provide assistance with contract management and development of new contracts.
11. Assist with other projects as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
2. Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbal.
3. Ability to understand problems and provide solutions using critical thinking skills.
4. Ability to interact effectively with staff, managers, individuals, consumers, and funders.
5. Organized and detailed oriented.
6. Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
7. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, computers, and databases.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. At least 4 years of experience in Accounting.
2. Experience developing budgets and forecasting financial performance.
3. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
4. Work experience with multiple funders and with contractual agreements.
5. Experience auditing electronic systems.
6. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to work and communicate with staff from various backgrounds and work experiences.
9. Critical thinking abilities with the ability to present and solve complex problems.