The MEC Program Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The MEC Program Coordinator is responsible for providing members, service sites and MEC team with the support necessary to help ensure program integrity and successful completion of the AmeriCorps term of service. Assists in fidelity of implemented program models. The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator reports to the AmeriCorps Program Director for essential job functions and career development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management as long as the duties are lawful, ethical, and within best business practices.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Have productive working partnerships with sites, including principals, members, teaching staff and Master & Internal Coaches. Help to build open, effective communication and successful AmeriCorps member experience.
3. Serve as a point of contact for AmeriCorps members. Elevate any programming, interpersonal, member performance, and AmeriCorps compliance issues to the Program Director/Business Partner to ensure attainment of member retention and program objectives.
4. Staff regular member training sessions to cultivate service commitment, motivation, and reinforce relationships. Assist with session logistics.
5. Assist in building site capacity to manage the programs and facilitate successful long-term relationships with stakeholders including service sites (e.g., principals, Internal Coaches, teachers, district personnel), members, alumni, community partners and funders.
6. Assist in site contract compliance through proactive, clear communication and reinforcement of program expectations.
7. Conduct site visits as necessary with AmeriCorps members and Internal Coaches.
8. Assisting in collections of member evaluations conducted by Internal Coaches/site supervisors and other additional paperwork requirements.
9. Cascade program communication to members and Internal Coaches.
10. Elevate disciplinary policies and concerns as stated in the MEC Program Handbook to the Program Director/Business Partner to address.
11. Communicate with Internal Coaches and members regarding member progress toward completion of program requirements.
12. Attend national, state, regional, and other local AmeriCorps events and trainings as needed.
13. Assist in logistics around training sessions, including processing new member paperwork (pre-member screens and QuickBase updates)
14. Serve as the contact when the Program Director is out of the office.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates degree in nonprofit management, business, education or related field.
2. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and adhere to Hope Network’s insurance policy.
3. Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to solve problems, and exercise sound judgment.
4. Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment.
5. Proven ability to adapt to change.
6. Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate by telephone and in person with members.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. A minimum of one year experience in either nonprofit or National Service program coordination and/or program implementation.
2. Previous national service or nonprofit experience highly desirable
3. Experience working in a collaborative environment.
4. Experience working with diverse communities
5. Ability to structure tasks, establish priorities and set and manage goal achievement.
6. Proven commitment, results-driven and solution-oriented perspective.
7. Proficiency with MS Office and Excel. Previous database experience preferred.
8. Experience with data management systems and the ability to learn new applications.
9. Exceptional customer service orientation and skills