The Accounts Payable Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing accounts payable duties for assigned lines, process invoices per vendor terms, and assist with any month end closing requirements requested. In addition, this role will provide support to department supervisors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Complete daily and month end procedures in accordance with the Finance Calendar.
3. Maintain good communications and working relationships with:
A. Hope staff – including business directors, financial analysts, program management and staff.
B. Vendors – phone and email contact on various topics.
4. Maintain a current and relevant work instruction book including notes for service lines assigned.
A. Seek and document process improvements.
B. Perform new procedure and system testing when necessary.
C. Pursue efficiencies including set and use of vendor online access and EFT payment program.
5. Perform Accounts Payable duties for assigned service line(s)
A. Review vouchers and determine appropriate service line.
B. Write up input sheets and enter vouchers in accounting software.
C. Obtaining approval of vouchers using AP authorized personnel reference sheet.
D. Requests new vendor to be added when appropriate.
E. Receive vendor statements; research and resolve any outstanding balances.
F. Follow record retention policy.
G. Reviews, codes, and verifies general ledger account number and cost center
H. Researches and resolves issues and exceptions
I. Reconcile vendor statements
6. Enter purchase orders for any assigned service lines within the organization where necessary.
7. Follow proper filing and record retention requirements.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates degree in Accounting is preferred, or equivalent work experience.
2. Accurate data entry skills with significant typing speed.
3. Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly while maintaining attention to detail.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key executives and other staff within the network.
5. Ability to work independently on routine matters; seeks supervision for non-routine matters.
6. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written formats.
9. Ability to evaluate processes and procedures and offer improvement ideas.
10. Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Hope Network policies.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Two or more years’ employment experience in accounts payable.
2. Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
3. Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and various accounting software.
4. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
5. Prior professional experience working in a multi-company environment, a plus.
6. Experience with MS Dynamics SL software preferred.