The Lead Food Service/Rehab Tech is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for the maximum quality, efficiency and consumer satisfaction of food service operations within a residential setting. Additionally, this position can include direct service professional responsibilities as directed by Residential Supervisor and/or Program Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Ensure compliance with Adult Foster Care licensing regulations, public health standards, and other governing bodies related to food preparation.
3. Plan and coordinate 3 regular, nutritious meals daily for all residents. Write and post individual and/or group menu(s) one week in advance. Keep all menus on record for a minimum one calendar year.
4. Formulate menus that meet prescribed special diets for individual residents, including A.D.A., Dysphasia, and Low sodium/fat diets. Utilize the services of a registered dietician, as needed.
5. Survey residents (guardians) regarding needs and preferences; maintain a high level of consumer satisfaction.
6. Order food, equipment and supplies appropriate for food service needs, including items required for special menus. Budget money in the food allowance line item. Operate according to budget.
7. Prepare food as indicated on posted menu.
8. Direct staff activities in relation to safety, food preparation, and storage and kitchen management. Communicate daily food services assignments to the shift Lead Rehab Tech.
9. Direct and control upkeep of kitchens and equipment. Monitor and direct proper food storage.
10. Provide food services or Activities of Daily Living Instruction to individuals or groups within residential setting per fee schedule, according to agreement with treatment team and funder. Complete appropriate billing for services rendered.
11. Present an annual Food Service related in-service to residential staff. Review special diets at team meetings and provide information to staff, as needed, regarding current dietary issues for consumers served.
12. Assist the supervisor by orienting Rehab. Techs and volunteers to the Food Services program and advising new Rehab Techs regarding routine daily events.
13. Fulfill duties in Rehab Tech position description as directed by Residential Supervisor and/or Program Coordinator; including providing transportation to appointments and other duties as assigned.
14. Maintain a clean kitchen and pantry that meets Environmental Health regulations, including monitoring fridge, freezer and hot water temperatures.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates degree required; will consider High School Diploma or equivalency plus two years related experience in lieu of degree.
2. Preferred: Experience in a health care setting, additional certifications (i.e. CNA, Medical Assistant)
3. Effective interpersonal/relationship building skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with individual having special physical, social, behavioral and cognitive needs.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 1-2 years’ experience in food service industry and/or health care setting.
2. Demonstrated interest in working with individuals having special physical, cognitive, social and behavioral challenges.
3. Prior experience in the development of nutritional menus/food plans.