Senior Lead Laborer Grounds Maintenance is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Aiding in Supervision/training ground labors in daily tasks, schedule tasks, inspect and report findings to Lead gardener and/or Site Supervisor II. Aid in the planning and execution of small scale landscaping operations, plans and maintain grounds. Oversee soil, turf, and plant management, this includes but not limited to: amending soil to best possible levels, plantings, placement of plants, bark, watering, seeding, repair of equipment, beds, turf, plants due to traffic, storm, pest or other damage. Maintain underground sprinkler and drip system in optimum condition, aid in completing maintenance logs of all equipment used, and schedule maintenance to be completed on all equipment. Oversee pruning of all plants and maintain the fountain per scheduled cleaning and daily water treatment. Repair concrete and asphalt walks and driveways. Fill in when Lead Gardener is absent.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Aids in executing landscaping operations and maintains grounds and landscape of the property per contract specifications.
3. Works with the grounds crew in preparing and grading terrain, applying fertilizers, seeding and laying sod.
4. Plant new and repair established lawns, using seed mixtures and fertilizers recommended for particular soil type and lawn location, locates and plants shrubs, trees, and flowers recommended for particular landscape effect or those selected by Site Supervisor II or COR.
5. Mows and trims lawns, using hand or power mower, trims shrubs and cultivates gardens, sprays trees and shrubs and applies supplemental liquid and dry nutrients to lawn per contract specifications.
6. Maintains trees and shrubs per contract specifications.
7. Maintain and monitor the irrigation system.
8. Maintains all equipment on the site insuring scheduled maintenance is completed and recorded in the maintenance log.
9. Insures that all snow removal and salting is completed per the statement of work.
10. The grounds will be policed and inspected daily reporting any issues to the Site Supervisor II.
Addendum for Ford Museum: Pool Expectations
1. Fully understand the pool and equipment handling procedure determined by the contract and HNSC.
2. As the Gardner/Groundkeeper it is important you understand the pool is a very important part of the landscape and it is your responsibility to maintain the quality of the water, keeping it free of debris, rust and the water balanced at all times.
3. Ensure the pool requirements, expectations and cleaning schedule is being followed by participants and report any concerns to the Site Supervisor immediately.
4. The pool and fountain are open from April to November each year. Ensure the proper procedure is followed when opening and closing the pool and fountain.
5. Aid in the training of participants in cleaning and the operation of the pool and fountain.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
2. Must have and maintain all required pesticide licenses.
3. The Gardener must possess within the last 7 years at least 3 years of recent experience in grounds care of similar size, scope, and complexity as the Presidential Museum facility.
4. The Gardener/Groundskeeper will possess the necessary certifications and licenses as necessary to perform in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Work Experience Requirements:
1 Minimum 7 years’ supervisory experience in gardener/groundskeeper services on a contract of this size and scope of operations with proven results required.
2 Background in environmentally friendly “green” cleaning strongly preferred.
3 Previous experience in training program development, multi-cultural service delivery to populations with disabilities and special needs preferred.
4 Ability to successfully pass the Federal Security Screening process.
5 Must have a valid driver’s license and be in compliance of HN policy.