The Manager of Janitorial Operations is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing oversight, coordination, personnel management, quality control, customer satisfaction, capacity building, and fiscal/contract management for all Workforce Development and Hope Network Services Corp janitorial operations. This is achieved through the development and on-going management of worksites with strong attention to: meeting contract obligations, provision of quality customer service, management and development of staff, and procurement of participants and staff for the work crews including coordinating with internal service lines/external organizations for the purpose of recruiting/supporting participants engaged in SourceAmerica and other specialty services. Duties include site coverage and hands-on completion of contract requirements as required to fulfill contractual obligations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Oversee and monitor the operations of all contracts, assuring contractual standards are met. Includes partnering with the WFD Financial Program Specialist and Executive Director to assure acceptable contract execution and reporting.
2. Ensure adherence to all regulations regarding the execution of Set Aside Contracts and the provision of janitorial and landscaping/grounds work.
3. Maintain a positive and productive working relationship with funders; federal, state and local contracting officers, site managers, and vendors.
4. Provide leadership and promote an environment that encourages teamwork, excellence, and creativity.
5. Manage staff: including hiring, training, supervision, development, and discipline/coaching.
6. In partnership with Site Supervisors, manage the recruitment, hiring, training, and support of participants working on the crews.
7. Assure the accurate and timely completion of SourceAmerica assessments, reports and documentation, payroll, contractual and participant documentation/reports. Includes maintaining the consumer files in accordance with SourceAmerica and Hope Network guidelines.
8. Budget development and management of revenue/expenses throughout the year, including the first line of negotiating contractual changes.
9. Regular review of green janitorial/landscaping/gardening procedures and equipment to assure alignment with best practices and industry standards.
10. Work in partnership with the Executive Director for the purpose of new contract development. Takes the lead in developing the work plan, pricing, and negotiations for both new work sites and the renewal of existing contracts.
11. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
1. Works with the Executive Director and Financial Program Specialist to assure accurate and timely reporting and balance of service for both Workforce Development and Hope Network Service Corp service lines.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Human Service or Management from an accredited University/College or a High School Diploma/GED. A minimum of 6 years related experience in the management of complex janitorial contracts will be considered in lieu of degree.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel to multiple worksites.
3. Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
4. Ability to manage in a proactive fashion and foster a productive team environment and motivate others.
5. Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
6. Availability to work a flexible schedule.
7. Availability 24 hours, 365 days a year to respond to emergency or critical situations including returning a call within 10 minutes and arriving on site within 60 minutes of the call.
8. Ability to support and motivate participants toward the goal of reaching their highest employment potential.
9. Strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and effectively in both oral and written formats.
11. Ability to negotiate with vendors and Contract Officers.
12. Ability to both price and manage janitorial/landscaping contracts.
13. Ability to interact with individuals from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum 6 years experience in managing janitorial & gardener/landscaping services with proven results required. Background in environmentally friendly “green” cleaning strongly preferred. Previous experience in training program development and service delivery to individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment preferred.
2. Minimum 3 years direct supervision experience in janitorial services required.
3. Ability to successfully pass the Federal Security Screening process.