The Food Services Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Prepare food as indicated on posted menu. Follow food safety, Ex. Serve Safe, practices. Maintain order, clean and sanitize kitchen facility and equipment adhering to Health Department and other regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position. Successfully complete all required and applicable trainings and in-services including annual refresher and appropriate intervention techniques.
2. Maintain a safe working environment by: using proper lifting techniques. Also responsible for reporting any accidents, filling out incident and basic injury reports as needed in a timely manner.
3. Promote a positive morale among staff by modeling and encouraging effective teamwork and communications. Continually work to promote successful working relationships among all co-workers; alert supervisory staff of situations that may require further intervention.
4. Know and follow applicable Hope Network Rehabilitation Services policies and procedures, AFC Licensing Rules, and Health Department/Serve Safe Certification sanitation and food handling guidelines.
5. Advise program staff, i.e. DSPs, in relation to maintaining food safety, food preparation, food storage, and kitchen/dining room management.
6. Perform shift duties relevant to the maintenance, order and sanitation of the kitchen facility and equipment, as directed, adhering to regulatory standards.
7. Review resident Food Preference surveys; Know residents’ dietary needs and preferences; maintain a high level of consumer satisfaction.
8. Prepare attractive, nutritional food according to menu plan. When there are necessary changes to the menu, revise that document to reflect the food actually served.
9. May assist with departmental and corporate events, as directed.
10. Respond in the event of an emergency or drill, according to corporate policy and procedure and training protocols.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED.
2. Ability to pass Health Department approved sanitation classes, Ex. Serve Safe.
3. Ability to work with and respect individuals from various religious, ethnic, and social-economic backgrounds.
4. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
5. Ability to lift up to 50lbs non-stationary weight. Ability to bend, stoop, twist, pivot and kneel while bearing weight of a consumer. Ability to stand a majority of the eight-hour shift.
6. Ability to complete all required training for the position, including annual trainings and professional development.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate in written, verbal and electronic formats to meet position requirements. Demonstrated basic computer skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Experience in food service preparation and kitchen sanitation preferred.