The Program Manager is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for the provision of residential services and staff activities in assigned program facility(ies). This will include coordination of residents, programming, and program staff in assigned facility(ies). Provide necessary assistance or carry out programs designed to promote maximum development of each resident's capabilities. Serve as a role model for direct care staff in the provision of services to residents of the facility(ies) assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assure fulfillment of all duties as outlined in the direct care staff job descriptions.
3. Provide orientation to new program staff and volunteers.
4. Provide leadership, support and direction to staff through:
a. Role modeling appropriate treatment toward residents;
b. Communicating essential information to staff and soliciting feedback/input from staff;
c. Responding to and following up on the concerns and questions of staff;
d. Chair staff/treatment team meetings as needed
5. Provide regular feedback to program staff regarding resident interaction, adherence to applicable policies and procedures and job duties.
6. Initiate actions to correct staff performance and conduct as necessary.
7. Complete and present scheduled performance evaluations after orientation period as determined by agency protocols.
8. Complete and post monthly staff schedules a minimum of two weeks in advance.
9. Interview prospective new staff as needed.
10. Coordinate training of staff to ensure licensing requirements are maintained.
11. Promote and encourage communication between clinical team and direct care staff.
12. Be familiar with the goals/programs for individual residents. Monitor staff implementation of resident programs, ensuring completion.
13. Coordinate services as needed or as applicable for your program(s) to ensure all resident needs are being met (i.e. Behavioral Specialists, interpreters, vocational, etc.)
14. Assist in the formulation of resident treatment plans.
15. Complete/process all required paperwork accurately, insuring that it is routed to the appropriate place in a timely manner. (SAL's, IR’s, time sheets / payroll records, etc.)
16. Coordinate the purchasing of necessary supplies (medical, office, etc.), obtaining purchase order numbers as needed and forwarding paperwork to the business office.
17. Complete demographic information upon a resident’s intake, discharge and as needed or as applicable for your program(s).
18. Maintain knowledge of and be responsible for the budget in each site assigned. Provide monthly reports to Program Director and Business Director.
19. Monitor the documentation of activities in the program. Ensure that all applicable data is charted appropriately (including medications, COS, IR’s, Weekly Status Sheets, etc.)
20. Ensure that new residents and/or guardians are oriented to the program as needed or as applicable for your program(s).
21. Be familiar with appropriate agency, DCIS, CMH, and CARF standards for residential programs/facilities, ensuring the maintenance of these standards.
22. Provide direct supervision of staff and be familiar with all corporate and departmental policies and procedures (i.e. HNBHS Policy & Procedure manual, Union Contract, and/or Employee Manual), ensuring that these are known to and followed by all program staff.
23. Ensure fire, tornado and other required drills are performed according to requirements.
24. Ensure that the facility and vehicle are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
a. Coordinate/schedule maintenance as needed.
b. Schedule and monitor daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping tasks.
25. Keep complete financial records for and ensure safekeeping of resident and petty cash funds as needed or as applicable for your program(s).
26. Monitor the purchase of supplies necessary for the smooth operation of the program.
27. Responsible for participation in the appropriate “on-call” rotation.
28. Regularly meet with the Program Director to review the operation of the facility (ies).
29. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Addendum for the Meadows Location:
1. Experience working with not guilty by reason of insanity (NGRI) population preferred.
2. Provide and maintain gender specific programming for the individuals in the program.
3. Develop and demonstrate a daily structure to meet the general needs to the NGRI population.
4. Train and coach staff members on compliance with the NGRI committee and contracts.
5. Represent Hope Network, our mission and values, in state hospitals and forensic center in the clients’ transition processes.
6. Be the lead contact and the representative of Hope Network in contract signings for ALS contracts.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: Associates Degree in a Human Service related field or three years’ experience is required. BA/BS degree in a field related to Human Services is preferred.
BA/BS degree in a field related to human services is required with two (2) years’ experience providing services to beneficiaries with serious mental illness or MS degree in a field related to human services is required with one (1) year experience providing services to beneficiaries with serious mental illness. DART and Crisis based programs only
2. Meet all requirements of direct care staff positions.
3. Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network insurance carrier definitions preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Two (2) years supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership skills/ability.
2. Two (2) years’ experience providing services to beneficiaries with serious mental illness preferred.
3. Experience in residential services strongly preferred.