The Mental Health Technician is a key associate at Hope Network Behavioral Health Services whose primary responsibilities include: Working alongside the clinical team and persons served in providing comprehensive services for persons served to assist them in improving their quality of life and enhancing their ability to function within the community. The mental health technician has a high degree of personal integrity, generates positive energy, and makes a difference every day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Provide supreme customer service, always being courteous, responsive, professional, and helpful to the organization's internal and external customers.
2. Know the contract requirements for your program/service.
3. Work in conjunction with the Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, Case Managers/Supports Coordinators in the development of person-centered treatment plans - assisting persons-served in setting goals linked to addressing identified needs; assist Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, Case Managers/Supports Coordinators with developing Relapse Prevention Plans; assist with facilitation the implementation of Individual Plan of Service.
4. Assist Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, and Case Managers/Supports Coordinators in facilitating access to community resources and social support networks for persons-served.
5. Assist Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, and Case Managers/Supports Coordinators with locating appropriate community resources and providing referrals.
6. Assist Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, Case Managers/Supports Coordinators with coordinating and monitoring service activities for persons-served.
7. Assist Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, Case Managers/Supports Coordinators with communications to service providers included in Treatment Plan; helping to coordinate to avoid duplications; monitoring to ensure services are being delivered according to expected frequency and intensity.
8. Document all encounters and contacts made on behalf of persons-served.
9. Assist nursing staff and consumers with medication management and administration.
10. Work in conjunction with Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, and Case Managers/Supports Coordinators to complete and submit, in a timely manner, service encounter documentation.
11. Assist with maintaining comprehensive charting for persons-served.
12. Respond according to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques in emergency or crisis situations; coordinating other services, as needed.
13. Assist Mental Health Professionals, QMHP/QMRP, and Case Managers/Supports Coordinators in the provision of transitioning and follow-up services.
14. Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding program and client services.
15. Meet or exceed productivity benchmarks.
16. Under the direction of the clinical staff, participate in peer reviews of clinical documentation.
17. Ensure 100% of routine/customary daily, monthly, quarterly and annual internal data reports are submitted on time.
18. Ensure 100% of contract/grant compliance reporting requirements are completed and submitted by due date.
19. Adhere to high level of health and safety practices in physical facilities and with corporate vehicles.
20. Attend and participate in team meetings.
21. Maintain a professional demeanor.
22. Make certain that 100% of your training requirements are renewed prior to expiration date, as specified by your job.
23. Work toward personal and professional goals and objectives. Attend job related in-services and trainings when offered and actively seek to further develop competencies.
24. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Line Manager.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associate's degree in Human Services; Bachelor degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One year related experience if working with adults; Three years related experience if working with children.
2. Three or more years of experience in Human Services, preferred.