The GoLux Chauffeur is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Chauffer is responsible for the safe and timely transport of guests on GoLux vehicles. Must be able to work varied hours and adapt to a variety of conditions. The primary function of a GoLux Chauffeur is to assure that each guest experience achieves the highest level of guest satisfaction in a genuine and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Do everything possible, within proscribed limits, to make your guests travel experience as pleasant and meaningful as possible.
3. Engage in sufficient pre-travel planning to ensure that he assigned itinerary is performed effectively and efficiently and that pre-determined deadlines are met.
4. Transport guests on their travel itinerary with an emphasis on guest comfort and safety. Obey all traffic regulations and follow all safety procedures as directed by the department.
5. Log guest interactions such as customer feedback on preferences or situations when the guest may have been happy or unhappy with the services.
6. Familiarity with the lifestyle, services, attractions and amenities of the West Michigan area.
7. Complete and process proper written records in a timely fashion.
8. Perform pre and post trip vehicle safety inspections and schedule needed maintenance through Fleet Services.
9. Fuel vehicle as needed and clean the vehicle at the conclusion of every shift.
10. Maintain proper supply and be knowledgeable about amenities in assigned vehicle and ensure that vehicle is fully prepared prior to travel.
11. Accept electronic payments for any add-on services requested by our guests.
12. Maintain proper community image through vehicle cleanliness, personal hygiene, courtesy and proper identification
13. Demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions within established parameters; Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
14. Physical ability to move a person in a wheelchair (500 lbs. combined weight) up and down a ramp, up and down one nine-inch step, and on and off a wheelchair lift. Must also be able to secure individuals into a standard four-point tie down securement system.
15. A specialized knowledge of the clientele you will be serving as well as individual needs of your customers while keeping discretion a priority.
16. Other duties related to department services as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Must possess the ability to obtain a Michigan Chauffeur's License with an acceptable driving record.
2. Ability to mentor new and veteran drivers in a positive way, providing guidance and necessary feedback to new driving staff.
3. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. A demonstrated track record of outstanding customer service: A warm, friendly and efficient personality with an understanding of delivering service with a smile.
5. Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively as part of a team for the accomplishment of the department and agency mission goals.
6. Ability to actively support and articulate the mission of GoLux to various audiences.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Experience in hospitality services or related field is preferred.
2. High level of knowledge about department procedures/operation, experience/familiarity with West Michigan roads and travel patterns.
3. Completion of department and corporate training requirements. Maintain compliance in all areas of Hope Network Training.
4. A current Michigan driver’s license with and acceptable driving record with no more than two moving violations within the past three years, and no major violations within the past three years.