The Director of Healthcare Business Solutions is a key leadership position at Hope Network whose primary responsibility is to develop financial business models that operationalize growth throughout the organization. Additionally, a critical part of this role is monitoring, forecasting, and budgeting for the Health Integration Group (HIG). Models of care must balance exemplary clinical care with sustainable financial strategies. This position is a member of the Health Integration Group, yet partners with all service lines to support operationalization of innovative and sustainable healthcare business strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. As a part of the Healthcare Integration Group, this leader supports the healthcare team in building consistent and progressive business modeling to operationalize growth options, including but not limited to new programs, grants, and real estate acquisisions.
3. Development of proformas and business designs for new and established healthcare expansion opportunities; collaborates with service line leaders to operationalize plans.
4. Assists with preparation of HIG annual plan/budget, forecast(s), and multi-year plans taking into account changes in tactical and strategic plans, operations, contract, trends, etc.
5. Leads analytical review (6 months to 2 years post implementation) of major projects to assess progress towards achieving stated results.
6. Identifies, analyzes and tracks trends that impact financial performance (e.g., new/changed product offerings, utilization and operations).
7. Prepares business cases including financial, operational and economic analysis. Challenges key assumptions. Works with HIG team to identify actionable solutions.
8. This role may be called upon to actively participate in contract negotiations with new and established payers, including Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health plans.
9. This team member is responsible to ensure all financial reporting and business metrics for HIG is current and up-to-date. They will actively participate in the business review process.
10. Responsible to report financial concerns to the Director of Healthcare Strategy, providing drill down reporting and analysis, including suggestions for improvement.
11. Effectively communicates work plans and business solutions to organization.
12. Provides leadership and education to operationalize business models at varying levels of detail, throughout the network.
13. Partnership is offered with patience and a commitment to the mission and values of Hope Network and the Healthcare Integration Group.
14. Other duties, as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
2. Must have a creative outlook on finding solutions to complex business challenges.
3. A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization
4. Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented with strong time management skills.
5. High degree of self-direction and ability to manage tasks to completion by deadlines.
6. Excellent teamwork skills with a flexible and resourceful approach.
7. Partners with leaders in the development of a culture that embraces change.
8. Exceptional verbal and written communication, demeanor and presentation; represents self with professionalism.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 5+ years of professional experience in a leadership role, ideally in a rapidly evolving institution.
2. High level of knowledge and comprehension of the healthcare industry.
3. Demonstrated success in creating diverse financial and billing models and building strategic business plans.
4. Experience in creatively generating resources, preferably in connecting social service and/or healthcare programs to funding.
5. Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
6. Competent decision making and strong analytical skills.
7. Excellent leadership and problem solving skills.