The Executive Assistant is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Supporting the needs of various/assigned members of the Leadership Team in time management, correspondence, meeting planning and prioritization of multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Completes a wide variety of administrative tasks for Hope Network leadership and assigned staff members including; the management of an extremely complex and active calendar of appointments; completing expense reporting requirements, composing and preparing correspondence that is highly sensitive and confidential; arranging complex an detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel related meetings.
3. Plans, coordinates and ensures the assigned Hope Network leader’s schedule is followed and respected. Acts as the “gatekeeper “and “gateway” creating win-win situations for direct access to the leader’s time and office.
4. Researches, prioritizes, organizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the assigned leader(s), including those of sensitive or confidential nature; works with the leader as needed to determine the proper course of action, referral or response
5. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between internal departments within Hope Network; modeling leadership to maintain credibility, trust and respect across the network.
6. Works closely and effectively with the assigned leader(s) to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; following up appropriately; attends meetings as needed and required.
7. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the assigned leader(s), some of which may have organizational impact.
8. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows –through on projects to successful completion and often under deadline pressures.
9. Assist as directed by Executive Administrative Supervisor and when required on events, meetings or other activities of C-Suite leadership.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree required or a combination of education and demonstrated experience.
2. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly while maintaining attention to detail.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, external partners and other staff within the network.
4. Expert written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
6. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; emotional maturity.
7. Ability to multi-task while working on a wide variety of activites.
8. Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion in daily interactions.
9. Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities to propose solutions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Demonstrated experience supporting Executive level staff, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
2. Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat and other media web platforms.