The Resourcing Partner is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The overall purpose is to create partnerships with universities and organizations to develop avenues for people interested in serving with Michigan Education Corps members serving as tutors with PreK Reading Corps, K3 Reading Corps, and Math Corps. This position is primarily based in the education field. This position manages a comprehensive, regional talent acquisition strategy to successfully recruit quality and diverse AmeriCorps members serving as Reading Corps or Math Corps tutors. This position will also support other MEC employees as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Be able to identify opportunities and education pathways for tutors choosing to advance their career in the education field.
3. Understand and identify gaps in the Reading and Math Corps model as it relates to education certificate or degree requirements.
4. Connect with higher education institutions and build partnerships for field placement credits and program alignment and fulfillment.
5. Consulting with the Executive Director to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions to be executed; leverage national best practices that can be applied locally.
6. With clear knowledge and understanding of Reading Corps and Math Corps long-term vision and direction, implement a regional pipeline strategy to ensure all positions are filled by August Institute of the current program year.
7. Proactively research and recommend new ways to source applicants, to ensure a quality applicant pipeline for assigned openings, as well as for openings that historically, have been difficult to fill.
8. Develop and carry out a plan for recruiting tutors for school districts. Taking the lead on phone screens and interview processes. Connect with team on goals and challenges to achieve results.
9. Provide accurate and timely communication to applicants regarding their application status.
10. Support the planning, coordination and execution of statewide training sessions, including Institutes throughout the year. This support includes, but is not limited to: scheduling venues, catering, organizing and/or preparing handouts or materials, arranging travel logistics, arranging hotel accommodations.
11. Under the direction of the Executive Director, provide additional support as required or needed to meet the goals of the MEC team. Participate in team meetings; provide updates to the team.
Create agenda and faciliate regular meetings with MEC team members involved with recruitment as needed.
12. Create a dashboard to effectively communicate tutor recruitment and selection status, enrollment and retention status, etc. for multiple MEC users.
13. Support program databases such as Quickbase, etc. to ensure consistent, accurate, and timely data entry.
14. Prepare or source materials used for recruitment including marketing.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates in Education or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Must have demonstrated experience in the education field, education research or experience working in an undergraduate or graduate education department.
3. Understand requirements that are necessary for education degree or certification completion in the State of Michigan.
4. Must understand school and educational systems, and be able to communicate with a wide range of school staff including administrators at the school and district levels, teachers, Instructional Aides, Classroom Assistants, etc., and AmeriCorps tutors and applicants in a professional and positive manner.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects occurring simultaneously, and work independently.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum 2 years of experience in education related position.
2. Preferred 2 years of demonstrated experience in partnership with career counselors or organizations that provide educations certificates.
3. 1 year experience in recruiting.
4. 2 years of experience working with multi-cultural/diverse population.
5. Prior knowledge and/or experience of AmeriCorps is a requirement.