Educational / Talent Requirements:
Minimum Education required:
Bachelors degree with 2 years experience in applicable setting
Associates degree with 3 years experience in applicable setting
HS Diploma/GED with 4 years experience in applicable setting.
Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills to respond appropriately to medical and behavioral issues.
Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to problem solve independently.
Demonstrated ability to train, orientate and mentor staff
Ability to work with and respect individuals from various religious, ethnic, and social-economic backgrounds.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding service issues with consumers/family members/guardians in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs non-stationary weight. Ability to bend, stoop, twist, pivot and kneel while bearing weight of a consumer. Demonstrated ability to transfer individuals using proper lifting techniques. Ability to stand a majority of the eight-hour shift
- Current, valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Hope Network policies.
- Ability to complete all required training for the position, including annual trainings and professional development. Advanced medical trainings viewed favorably.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in written, verbal and electronic formats to meet position requirements. Demonstrated basic computer skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Career path from Direct Care Professional Level 2 with demonstrated experience and leadership competencies.
2. Must be open to all shifts and be willing to travel to different locations in Macomb County.