The IPS Employment Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing all necessary and required individual placement and supported employment services to program participants. In consultation with program staff, supports coordination, guardians and employers, the IPS Employment specialists determine consumer’s program path in supported employment, and developing cooperative relationships with the employer and co-workers of the program that will encourage natural supports within the work environment. This includes but is not limited to: assessment, placement, micro-enterprise assistance, job preparation classes and job coaching and job retention.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Ability to work with a variety of consumer and behavioral issues.
3. Complete all paperwork according to agency and funder requirements and in prescribed time frames. This includes regular progress notes, activity logs and incident reports per agency guidelines.
4. Work with consumer to develop and implement strategies of work simplification and environmental modifications.
5. Make regular contact with local businesses to develop potential employment opportunities.
6. Provide orientation, training and follow-up services at work sites. Provide retraining as required and needed.
7. Act as a role model for program participants and demonstrate solid employability skills.
8. Provide direct assistance to consumers seeking employment (job clubs, job leads, application submissions, interviewing skills, etc)
9. Develop goals that address on the job safety as evidenced in the PCP. Review work site emergency procedures and provide necessary training and support.
10. Other duties as assigned for the good of the consumers, the program, the department and the agency.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. ETS (Employment Training Specialist) Certification or complete training within 6 months of hire.
3. Valid Driver’s license.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Two years of supported employment or related experience in the Mental Health Field preferred.
2. Basic Computer Skills/ Knowledge.