The Clinical Supervisor – Case Management is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for the coordination and supervision of all peer services and community case management services. Coordinate services necessary to meet consumer needs, maximizing recovery, community integration and independence. Provide clinical and program consultation to the multi-disciplinary team. Ensure compliance with agency/contract standards and the practice model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Collaborate with treatment team members (external & internal) regarding consumers’ progress through interdisciplinary team meetings, record review, and informal discussions.
3. Participate regularly in departmental and staff meetings, and serve on program or organizational committees as time and workload permits.
4. Facilitate the coordination of consumer intakes, discharges and transfers to and from other facilities programs/ agencies.
5. Provide comprehensive psychosocial assessments.
6. Coordinate and ensure consumer involvement in Person Centered Planning Process (PCP) as assigned. Assure responsibility for the development of each assigned consumer’s Individual Plan of Service.
7. Meet with assigned consumers face to face for case management or therapy services as deemed medically necessary in their Individual Plan of Service.
8. Responsible for interviewing, training and orientating recommended program applicants for hire
9. Responsible for supervising staff.
10. Participates in program design and implementation of services.
11. Meet with assigned consumers face to face for case management or therapy services deemed medically necessary in their Individual Plan of Service.
12. Complete and submit Service Activity Logs (SALs) in accordance with agency policy/ protocols.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Master’s Degree from an accredited university or institution of higher learning in Social Work.
2. Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) preferred. Limited Licensed Master Social Worker (LLMSW) required.
3. Analytical skills necessary to synthesize a variety of clinical and social data for appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation.
4. Interpersonal relationship skills necessary to relate to a variety of internal and external contacts in the social sphere of the consumer being served.
5. Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network insurance carrier definitions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior case management experience in a mental health required.
2. Two (2) years of supervisory experience in a mental health or rehabilitation setting preferred.