The Supports Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
The overall purpose of the Supports Coordinatior position, is to advocate, idenfity, develop, coordinate, and monitor a wide range of integrated support services on behalf of individuals or assisting individuals and their familes to access supports and services on their own.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Develops individual plans of care, with input from the individual and family, which is based on the personal preferences and choices of the individuals being served.
2. Utilizes available specialized and generic community resources in combination with other formal and informal supports and services.
3. Maintains continuing contact with individuals and families as individual plans of care are put in place.
4. Assist individuals and their families in coordinating, selecting and overseeing their own supports.
5. Works as part of a multi-discipline support team to provide the timely integration of services.
6. Submits billable services that are consistent with network policy C- 006.N (Establishing and Maintaining Case Records).
7. Coordinates program and individual trainings as needed and required to maintain compliance with funder and agency expectations.
8. Licensed social workers will participate and complete the required number of CEU credits to maintain compliance with network policy P- 023 – Credentialing, Privileging, and Paneling.
9. Participate in training that promotes sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity.
10. Completes required training's and attends staff meetings as needed and required.
11. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
1. Essential function/responsibility
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or the ability to become a Limited Licensed or Fully Licensed professional.
2. QIDP is preferred, but not a requirement.
3. Ability work independently and as part of a team.
4. Ability to prioritize and plan monthly schedules.
5. Ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
6. Ability to meet established deadlines.
7. Ability to communicate, listen and negotiate.
8. Ability to problem solve and respond to emergency situations.
9. Ability to work and provide direction to others in a team environment.
10. Ability to effectively navigate and communicate within the mental health service delivery system.
11. Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external contacts of various socio economic backgrounds and life experiences.
12. Ability to work within a team environment.
13. Excellent verbal and written skills.
14. Computer literate (Micro-soft office product suite).
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Previous knowledge of community mental health system and/or Medicaid funded services preferred but not required,
2. Experience working with the DD or MI population, 1-2 years preferred.
3. Expereince working with an electronic medical record preferred.