The Customer Care Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Primary responsibility is to facilitate essential customer service delivery to our drivers, passengers, caregivers, funders, general public and all others that he/she comes in contact with. This person is responsible to communicate to all parties involved and resolve all concerns/issues in a timely manner. This position would include handling telephone, radio communication and scheduling and dispatching aspects via computer software. The position also would be directly responsible to meet departmental goals and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Act as a liaison between drivers and those that are scheduling rides.
3. Be the first contact for drivers to identify issues; research and problem solve to resolve issues in a timely fashion. Issues may include, but not limited to, manifest inaccuracies, questions/interpretation, start times, new passengers, addresses, mapping, order of route, breaks, down time, keys, and vehicle capacity.
4. Keep record of driver attendance, tardies and time clock punches as assigned.
5. Communicate necessary direction for quality and cost effective service delivery including any safety issues.
6. Provide resources to chauffeurs to fulfill their job requirements including keys, vehicle, manifest, forms, instructions, etc.
7. Create assigned route schedules with the goal of making 100% on time transport of passengers.
8. Schedule assigned trips efficiently and effectively with the goal to increase overall productivity score/rating of department.
9. Communicate via two-way radio or cell phone any cancelations or changes to the drivers while they are on the road.
10. Answer and direct phone call phone calls to appropriate staff or complete task requested of caller.
11. Assist drivers with emergencies by determining the best way to address the emergency, sending additional staff, fire, police, emergency unit, verbal support and guidance. Ensuring communication with appropriate person(s) as soon as possible.
12. Additional departmental responsibilities/duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High school diploma or GED.
2. Strong customer service skills and aptitude.
3. Valid Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with Hope Network’s policies.
4. Ability to be flexible, work independently and meet deadlines.
5. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as part of a team for the accomplishment of the department and agency mission and goals.
6. Excellent organizational, communication and composition skills with the ability to react appropriately and effectively in problematic or high stress situations with minimal supervision.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the ability to gain working knowledge of scheduling software.
2. Prior work experience in a customer service position is preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Ability to use a variety of office equipment – including a multi-line phone system, copiers, fax machines, two-way radios, etc.