The (Crisis Program Nurse - RN) is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The overall purpose is responsible for the overall coordination of psychiatric and medical care provisions made for each guest in the crisis program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Complete any nursing related activities and treatment for guests.
2. Complete a Health Care Appraisal for each guest within 24 hours of admission.
3. Provide medication information to guests.
4. Assist agency psychiatrist during guest evaluations as needed.
5. Assess guests for medication effectiveness and potential side effects.
6. Act as medical liaison with psychiatrist and program staff. Communicate any medication changes or treatment issues.
7. Communicate with the appropriate pharmacy regarding any new medication orders.
8. Communicate with staff any new or altered medications following psychiatric evaluations and status with the pharmacy order.
9. Provide training to staff in coordination with the Quality & Education Department on specific medical issues relevant to the population served.
10. Hold group meetings with guests to inform and teach about issues of common need or interest (i.e. medications, diet, exercise, illness, concerns, etc.).
11. Attend daily treatment team meetings, as well as monthly team meetings and Improving Pivot meetings.
12. Attend all required orientation trainings. Attend 20 hours of additional training each year thereafter.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan. Experience in providing medical services in a rehabilitation setting.
2. Prior mental health experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position requirements.
4. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the Corporation to various audiences.
5. Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Integrated Recovery insurance carrier definitions.
6. Ability to work autonomously and as a team.
7. Positive attitude and communication skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior nursing experience in a mental health or rehabilitation setting preferred.
2. Experience working in an electronic medical record.
3. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team.