The Onboarding Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The Onboarding Specialist serves as the primary point of contact during the onboarding phase of the newly hired employee. This role is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the onboarding process while ensuring a warm, smooth on-boarding process into Hope Network.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Serve as the primary contact for candidates through the onboarding portion (after acceptance of job offer) of the employment process.
2. Guide newly hired employee through onboarding process and monitor the completion of tasks via Applicant Tracking and Onboarding software
3. Manages the criminal background and motor vehicle check process during the onboarding process to ensure Hope Network and funder compliance. Initiates appropriate action addressing issues as needed.
4. Educates on pre-employment assessment compliance requirements and liaise with occupational health providers for a seamless process.
5. Schedules pre-employment assessments for newly hired employee. This includes but is not limited to physicals, TB, drug screen etc. Reviews results for a pass to ensure compliance, initiating appropriate action to address issues as needed.
6. Administers and schedules all required activities involved with the fingerprinting process
7. Coordinates scheduling of New Hire Orientation (NHO) and initial compliance related training
8. Manages the credentialing of clinical/professional staff ensuring compliance.
9. Administers, collects and audits all new hire documentation to ensure Hope Network is in compliance with all Federal, State, and local employment laws, including CARF, Licensing, and County MHS compliance.
10. Responds to and resolves concerns from newly hired employee in a timely fashion, ensuring that all new hires feel welcome and well-informed
11. Reviews invoices and assigns the applicable department codes, obtains authorizations and submits for payment as needed and required.
12. Responsible for providing superior customer service, accurate and timely responses to Talent Management, Hiring Managers, and candidates to ensure a professional and smooth on-boarding experience to internal and external customers.
13. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
14. Perform other duties and projects, as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite
3. The demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
4. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision.
5. Technical and analytical competencies.
6. Motivated by challenging and thought provoking work with a strong desire to learn, grow and develop.
7. Ability to execute detailed tasks utilizing specific instructions and/or general instructions; using proactive problem solving skills.
8. Strict adherence to confidentiality and ethical standards.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in HR, Onboarding experience preferred.
2. Previous experience in the use of Microsoft business applications and HR information systems (ADP and iCIMS preferred).
3. Prior knowledge of community mental health, Medicaid funded health programs and/or health care recruiting preferred.
4. Basic knowledge and understanding of HR administration and exposure to Federal, State and local employment laws
5. High attention to details.
6. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work within a tight time schedule.
7. High energy, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission, goals and values of Hope Network.
8. Ability to take initiative, think and work independently with limited supervision, exercise good judgment, prioritize and produce results.
9. Well-developed interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to interact with employees of all levels.