The Rehabilitation Aide is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing clinical/maintenance support to assigned consumers for routine activities, restorative exercise, and/or social/recreation programming. These programs are classified as either a skilled program (as directed by a licensed or certified clinician) or a long term restorative program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Maintain a safe / healthy environment during consumer related activities.
3. Implement programs, as directed, for either supervised skilled clinical treatment or long term service restorative programming.
4. Monitor consumer’s functional skills and routines. Communicate with designated staff regarding individual and programmatic issues/concerns. Update direct supervisor, and/or identified team members to promote consistency and continuity of programming. Attend team conferences, when requested, providing observational information.
5. Maintain accurate records of treatment through data collection and established documentation requirements. Complete timely documentation of all consumer records, including, but not limited to: incident reports, treatment notes, behavioral program data collection, etc.
6. Develop and engage in appropriate and effective professional interactions with all consumers, their support system and HNRS staff.
7. Promote teamwork. Address issues/concerns by recommending solutions. Model and promote good morale within work environment.
8. Perform tasks necessary for the efficient operation of the facility/program, as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to: participating in program development, maintaining clean work areas, organization of storage and program areas, general pool maintenance and caring for equipment utilized in programming, etc.
9. Support marketing efforts by representing HNRS with appropriate professional behavior when engaging in community-based activity and/or when interacting with others when in the community.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum education requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Preferred: Experience in a health care setting, additional certifications (i.e. CNA, Medical Assistant, etc.)
3. A valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record per Hope Network policy, preferred (Driver's License may be required by some programs).
4. Self-directed. Able to work autonomously but will seek appropriate direction when necessary.
5. Effective interpersonal/relationship building skills
6. Socially engaging
7. Computer literacy/proficiency.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Previous work experience required.
2. Demonstrated interest in working with individuals having special physical, cognitive, social and behavioral challenges.