The Case Manager is a key associate at Hope Network Behavior Health whose primary responsibilities include: Coordinate all services necessary to maximize consumer recovery and independence. Provide clinical and program consultation. Ensure case management compliance with agency standards and the practice model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management as long as the duties are lawful, ethical, and within best business practices.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
1. Provide comprehensive psychosocial assessments.
2. Coordinate and ensure consumer involvement in the Person Centered Planning Process (PCP) for assigned consumers. Assure responsibility for the development & implementation of each assigned consumer’s Individual Plan of Service.
3. Link consumers to necessary ancillary services.
4. Act as an advocate and/or a liaison coordinating services among providers of service and referral source.
5. Maintain consumer records – meeting all appropriate standards according to HNBHS and all regulatory bodies.
6. Participate in legal proceedings including petitioning and testifying in clinical emergencies.
7. Facilitate the coordination of consumer intakes, discharges, and transfers to and from other facilities programs, agencies.
8. Ensure that consumers are transported to appointments, accompanying them when medically necessary. Obtain relevant medical/treatment information from appointments.
9. Link and coordinate follow-up of professional recommendations.
10. Facilitate communication with guardians, payees, and family members with regard to consumer care, financial and treatment issues.
11. Meet with assigned consumers face-to-face as deemed medically necessary in their Individual Plan of Service.
12. Provide after hours on-call services as designated by HNBHS.
13. Facilitate hospitalizations as needed and monitor progress by attending hospital medical/team meetings and coordinating with hospital social worker.
14. Provides consultation regarding clinical and program issues, direct care staff where applicable.
15. Participate in consumer program reviews and team meetings, where applicable.
16. Provide coverage for case-managers on PTO as needed.
1. Participate in committees, task forces, and other related meetings and activities as assigned by supervisor.
2. Practice according to licensing and accreditation for assigned program(s).
3. Attend agency meetings: clinical, administration and management.
4. Network with relevant agencies and providers as needed.
5. Follow general safety practices. Report any unsafe conditions to the manager of that location.
6. Complete and submit Service Activity Logs (SAL’s) in accordance with agency policy/protocols.
7. Coordinate benefits and verify benefit status monthly.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: Bachelors Social Work Degree required. Licensed Bachelors Social Work (LBSW) or Limited Licensed Bachelors Social Work (LLBSW) required. Master Social Work Degree preferred. Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW) or Limited Licensed Master Social Work (LLMSW) preferred. LPC or LLPC preferred.
2. Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network insurance carrier definitions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior case management experience in a mental health or rehabilitation setting preferred.
2. Prior experience working with elderly or medically complicated.