The Foundation Database Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The Database Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining an accurate and current donor database, collaborating with Event Coordinator to maintain the Volunteer program, assist with special event logistics, and facilitate donor communications including FDN eNewsletter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assist with donor database integrity:
a. Update donor records with accurate information
b. Record donor gifts and prepare thank you acknowledgements
c. Record donor pledges and prepare invoices, oversee open pledges
d. Prepare weekly and monthly gift reports for Finance
e. Prepare weekly gift reconciliation for Finance
f. Assist Project Manager with month end reconciliation for Finance
g. Assist with donor query reports &/or mailing lists, as needed
h. Assist with event registrations and prepare guest lists
i. Assist with donor e-communications, including monthly e-News
3. Assist with processing of Foundation or Event expense invoices &/or check requests
4. Assist with the collaboration with the President’s office, to maintain annual plan and manages attendance for all events that Hope Network sponsors and attends
5. Assist with preparation of Board meeting materials, as directed
6. Assist with special event logistics, as needed, working with Events Manager
7. Assist with volunteer program, as needed, working with Events Coordinator
8. Maintain regular communication and engagement with volunteers in between events
9. Participate in any job knowledge or staff improvement trainings, as available
10. Responsible for Foundation office supply needs, reporting any event or marketing needs to the Project Manager.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Associate Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Excellent communication skills-oral and written, along with excellent customer service skills.
3. Positive attitude with a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
4. Must have some experience with basic accounting and/or accounts payable.
5. Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
7. Ability to hold in confidence, information received while performing assigned duties.
8. Proficiency in basic administrative assistant skills required.
9. Must be able to articulate and actively support the mission of Hope Network to various audiences.
10. Personal, ethical, social and financial values compatible with the mission of Hope Network.
11. Must maintain a valid Michigan driver license, and adhere to the driving policy outlined in Hope Network’s employee manual.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 2-3 years of experience in a data entry position
2. Experience with basic financial reports and reconciliation, donor/client communication, database coordination. Raisers Edge experience preferred.