The Assistant Production Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for production activities conducted in assigned production facility. Coordinate all work and establish work schedules to meet deadlines. Monitor production activities conducted on assigned production areas while ensuring that all employees abide by HNI policies and procedures including the GMPs. Monitor all work and establish/carry out work schedules to meet deadlines. Monitor quality and productivity output of all personnel to ensure that standards of performance are met with optimal efficiency. Hold all employees accountable for job performance, while being fair and consistent. Coach and mentor Team Leaders and Production Workers.
Maintain quality control and instruct program staff regarding customer specifications. This position assists the Production Coordinator in daily activities. The person in this position should be confident and able to eventually advance into a Production Coordinator position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Work closely with the Production Coordinator(s) and assume the role and duties of the Production Coordinator in her/his absence.
2. Assist in coordinating production activity including planning materials, equipment, and human resources.
3. Communicate production requirements to employees and ensure employees are properly trained to successfully complete assigned work.
4. Assist in establishing and successfully executing work production schedules to meet customer deadlines.
5. Ensure that HNI quality standards are maintained on all work.
6. Maintain accurate records for job specifications, shipping and receiving. Enter required production and quality data into proper electronic and/or paper systems.
7. Provide effective training for employees along with establishing and monitoring performance standards.
8. Monitor all processes and operations to identify opportunities to improve safety, cost, productivity, and delivery performance.
9. Frequently monitor the production rate of all lines to ensure quoted norms are being met. Address any line which may not be meeting the rate.
10. Regulate the flow of work material to and from the job site. Ensure WIP is available through use Pack Manager Item Locator system.
11. Participate in the inventory reconcile process at the end of a project or as required.
12. Assist in providing information to staff regarding labor rate, job specifications, handling of work material, and job deadlines.
13. Report any physical and/or environmental concerns and deficiencies that may impair operations, or hinder normal work production.
14. Assist and maintain all certifications relevant to work site. (i.e. SQF, etc.)
15. Serve as back-up to PC for safety drills, other pertinent communications, ensure adherence to Hope Network policies and procedures.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Must be dependable and have above average attendance.
3. Ability to plan resources in an efficient manner in order to complete production schedule.
4. Ability to lead production workers and line leaders and train/coach as needed.
5. Ability to monitor and assess competencies of workers and address issues that do not meet expected standards.
6. Must have good written and verbal skills with ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers.
7. Must be proficient in inventory control processes and be able to master the use of the Nulogy Pack Manager IC system and be able to train others.
8. Must be proficient with MS Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook, with professionalism and accuracy.
9. Must be a good communicator in a team environment and project a positive attitude.
10. Must be a good problem-solver.
11. Ability to learn how to perform basic troubleshooting of production equipment.
12. Must be self-directed and possess a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum 2-3 years of applicable manufacturing/ packaging experience.
2. Minimum 1-2 years with some leadership responsibility.