The Rehabilitation Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Provide care and supervision of individuals receiving a residentially based behavior program. Assist in the coordinating of individuals' schedules and implementation of established nursing and clinical treatment plans. Act as a member of the individual’s interdisciplinary team. Develop and maintain therapeutic working relationships with individuals and families.
Collect observational data, monitor client’s functional progress, and provide direct feedback to treatment team. Participate in ongoing staff training. Maintain positive, active treatment style with clients at all times. Demonstrate willingness to seek assistance in crisis situations when individual attempts to intervene have been unsuccessful. Demonstrate flexibility in treatment milieu.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assure the individual physical safety and social well-being of residents during both structured and unstructured times.
a. Supervise directly or is aware of general whereabouts of residents, dependent upon
assessed level of independence. Monitor visitors to the facility.
b. Report any health problems and take effective immediate action. Implement medical
treatment plans and respond promptly and accurately to all instructions provided by the nurse/individual’s physician regarding treatment.
c. Intervene in any crisis situation that arises according to established procedures.
3. Provide direct care for individuals who are unable to complete self-care tasks independently, including but not limited to: bathing, hygiene, skin care, toileting, bowel and bladder programs, feeding (including G-tubes), dressing and transfers.
4. Develop and maintain appropriate therapeutic relationships with individuals while providing consistent follow through on programs and enforcing residential rules and routines. Develop and maintain appropriate professional relationships with individual family/friends/guardians.
5. Support clinical goals established by team members by preparing detailed observational information for team conferences, consistent follow through on behavioral, cognitive, physical, occupational, and recreational programs, establishing skill in utilizing prescribed adaptive and medical equipment and responding to changing levels of independence by the writing of contracts and other agreements for the individual served. Serve as a support to the Social Worker in developing appropriate therapeutic relationships with individuals and families:
a. Provide feedback to treatment team in efficient, clear manner.
b. Assist with observational data collection to inform behavior plan modifications and monitor functional progress.
6. Act as a liaison to nursing staff by communicating health concerns; administering and documenting prescribed medications, including subcutaneous injections as trained, and by implementing nursing health care plans. Provide medical care to individuals as prescribed by physician or nursing staff.
7. Maintain various individual records such as daily logs, health care reports, resident funds ledgers, weight records and miscellaneous checklists, such as behavioral plans and self-care routines.
8. Perform tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the facility as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to: housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, and resident room cleaning, ice and snow removal and managing of assigned work areas. Report facility repair needs.
9. Promote a positive morale among staff by modeling, and encouraging effective teamwork. Continually work to promote successful working relationships among all co-workers; alert supervisory staff of situations that may require further intervention.
10. Participate in and assist individuals with in-house and community activities in conjunction with activity schedule.
11. Attend and participate in scheduled staff, team building, and training meetings as assigned.
12. Perform other duties as assigned and relevant to position responsibilities.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education Required: High school diploma or GED
2. Level 5 – Access to PHI of consumers at affiliate of employment as it pertains to specific caseload
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate and complete documentation in written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals having special physical, emotional, social, and vocational needs.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, observe emotional, vocational, and social behaviors, and therapeutically adapt responses to individual needs.
6. Demonstrated ability to provide direct self-care for individuals, as needed.
7. Ability to lift 50 pounds, twist, turn, bend, kneel to meet position responsibilities
8. Demonstrated ability to transfer individuals using proper transfer techniques and proper body mechanics.
9. Demonstrated ability to teach individuals independent living skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to implement and document individual treatment programs.
11. Ability to become certified in CPR/First-Aid and respond effectively in a crisis situation.
12. Must be able to pass the Medication Administration class and to administer medications with minimal errors in accordance with medication administration guidelines/expectations.
13. Valid drivers license with driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy, preferred (Driver's License may be required by some programs). If applicable, proper licensure to perform chauffeur duties.
14. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Basic computer skills and experience.