The Maintenance Tech I is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Tech I will perform minor carpentry, general inside and outside repairs, minor plumbing, painting/decorating, minor remodeling, furniture moving and storage, and overall general maintenance. The Maintenance Tech I has a high degree of personal integrity, generates positive energy, and makes a difference every day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Provide supreme customer service, always being courteous, responsive, professional, and helpful to the organization’s internal and external customers.
2. Know AFC Licensing Rules and Regulations.
3. Travel to multiple locations throughout Michigan providing first-response to facility maintenance assessment and repairs, as assigned by Supervisor.
4. Troubleshoot problems, remain flexible, and provide solutions to diverse repair and maintenance issues.
5. Work in conjunction with Supervisor to respond timely to work order requests. Schedule and coordinate work with program personnel.
6. Conduct repair needs assessment while visiting the program; bring any potential issues to the attention of Program Manager and Supervisor.
7. Perform facility repairs including, but not limited to:
o Installation: light fixtures, doors/windows, shelving, flooring, garage door openers
o Repair/Replace: linoleum tile, toilets, sinks, faucets, blinds
o Carpentry: decks, cabinets, bookcases
o Décor: hanging pictures, window treatments, painting
o Maintenance: molding and weather-stripping, caulking, power washing, heavy cleaning
o Moving / Storage: facilitates furniture and equipment moves from one site to another or from one
room to another
o Light shrub and tree trimming as directed
o Involvement in program opening(s)/closing(s), facility audit readiness and vendor procurement
8. Report, promptly and urgently, to management any safety related items noticed while performing projects or tasks.
9. Provide accurate cost-estimates, in accordance with Policy.
10. Point person for outside vendors of larger projects such as deliveries, flooring, HVAC or electrical work.
11. Adhere to high level of health and safety practices in physical facilities and in corporate vehicles.
12. Create/maintain facility repair documentation and provides internal reports.
13. Maintain and use tools, solvents, etc. as intended.
14. Maintain accurate accounting and receipts during credit card use; reconcile monthly per Policy.
15. Maintain sensitivity to the consumers served while completing a given project.
16. Make certain that 95% of your training and events requirements are renewed prior to expiration date, as appropriate, as specified by job.
17. Maintain accurate accounting of daily activities and time spent on job utilizing electronic work order system and communication with supervisor.
18. Maintain a professional demeanor.
19. Adhere to high levels of health and safety practices.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
1. Essential function/responsibility
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Complete and maintain all required trainings, certifications, and credentials.
3. Excellent teamwork skills, time management, and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
6. Strong communication skills – both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to bend, kneel, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs.
8. Ability to work under challenging conditions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 1+ years related experience.
2. Electrical & plumbing experience
3. Working knowledge of vendor relations, contracts and maintenance tasks.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Project Management Skills
6. Ability to respond as part of a facility emergency team
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.
8. The ability to adhere to the requirements of P.L. 104-191 (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996). Ability to adhere to the requirements and the standards issued there under by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and all Hope Network policies and procedures resulting therefrom, regarding individually identifiable health information concerning individuals served or employed by Hope Network.