The Scheduler II provides support and assistance to the clinical and residential operations of Neuro Rehabilitation Services, ensuring seamless appointment scheduling and registration to patients who have been referred for treatment services. This position will test new functionality in eCare, develop processes in the area of scheduling and implement the processes across all HNNR sites. *Schedulers/Administrative Assistants in remote locations may also be required to complete additional duties and responsibilities to assure fiscal/budgetary guidelines are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Manages the consumer and clinical therapy schedules assigning consumers to appropriate clinician and other services as prescribed.
2. Maintains schedules for contracted physician services and other independent contractors as assigned and required.
3. Distributes consumer schedules to appropriate sites and consumers. Makes changes as requested
4. Test functionality in eCare and develop processes/best practices in the area of scheduling.
5. Implement scheduling processes/best practices across all HNNR sites.
6. Regularly communicate with those doing scheduling across sites to ensure consistency in the area of scheduling and to assist with problem resolution.
7. Assist with training of new scheduling staff across sites.
8. May perform other administrative functions as necessary and required to assure superior customer service is received.
9. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Addendum-clinical Assistant (where applicable)
The Clinical Assistant function of this position will include working as part of an interdisciplinary team providing assistance to clinical services. Additional Clinical Assistant duties will be assigned by the supervisor on an as-needed basis.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates degree or higher level of education preferred. Applicable work experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
2. Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage frequent interruptions.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
4. Ability to use good judgment when implementing scheduling procedures.
5. Well-developed interpersonal skills necessary when interacting with internal and external customers.
6. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 2-4 years’ experience in a medical office setting preferred.
2. Previous experience working within an electronic medical record system (EMR).
3. Previous experience with scheduling software.
4. Previous experience working with scheduling software.
5. Ability to analyses and solve problems while working independently.
6. Previous work experience required