The Payroll Lead is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Being a point person for collaborating and problem solving on payroll matters with other TM areas as well as other departments. Oversees day-to-day operations & schedules related to processing payrolls. Processing of accurate staff, consumer, and pension payrolls with and through the Payroll Team, including maintaining and safeguarding all payroll information, generating/balancing payrolls, reporting, and maintaining records. This position requires strong organization skills, payroll system skills, attention to detail, as well as stellar customer service abilities. This position also requires updating system documentation and training new staff in HN payroll processes and the TM Code of Conduct. Prior experience with a sophisticated HRIS system such as ADP or similar is required.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Provides daily guidance, direction, oversight and training to the Payroll Team for payroll systems, processing and audits, shifting workload as needed.
3. Ability to connect with other payroll staff, work as part of a high-functioning team and contribute to separate team goals.
4. Responsible for reviewing and entering payroll data correctly and efficiently, as well as running various reports to verify accuracy and completeness. Examples of calculating and entering payroll data include retro pay, manual checks, liens, garnishments, deductions, deposits, and other payroll related adjustments.
5. Ensures accurate and timely processing of regular and special payrolls as assigned.
6. Responds to employee or other inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns in a timely manner.
7. Embraces continuous improvement and efficiencies in all payroll processes, bringing any ideas forward for evaluation.
8. Responds timely in emergent situations and circumstances.
9. Provides ad hoc reports and contributes to ad hoc projects as needed.
10. Protects any sensitive operational and confidential employee data.
11. Prepares, reviews, and provides monthly metrics to the Director of Payroll.
12. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in finance or related field is preferred, coupled with extensive payroll experience; or a minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in the payroll field, including supervising employees.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats, as well as the ability to build strong relationships within the team and throughout the organization.
3. Technical and analytical competencies with demonstrated ability to supervise payroll operations including giving clear direction and feedback.
4. Ability to work under pressure, motivate, and mentor staff to meet deadlines.
5. Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for others in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to evaluate processes and procedures and offer improvement ideas.
7. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a positive attitude during any issue resolution.
8. Ability to clearly present data and/or facilitate trainings as needed and required.
9. Strict adherence to confidentiality and ethical standards.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum five years of increasingly responsible payroll experience, including three years of supervisory experience, working with data and payroll processing applications.
2. Previous experience working with ADP products (ADP Enterprise, ADP Health &Welfare) and Attendance Enterprise preferred.
3. Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly while maintaining attend to detail.
4. Advanced skills in MS Office preferred, particularly Excel.
5. Prior professional experience working on a multicompany environment a plus.
6. Experience in report writing; compiling, analyzing, and reporting data.