The Executive Director, State-wide Autism Services is a key associate at Hope Network.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned as long as the duties are lawful, ethical, and within best business practices.
Profit & Loss Leadership
1. Analyze daily all financial data to highlight success, to improve breakdowns in systems, or create new systems to build programs
a. Exhibit independent rhythm of review of responsibilities and metrics associates with our operational goals.
2. Implement interventions to support sustainability and grow autism services in the State of MI, expand capacity
3. Ensure that data is provided routinely to clinical staff to support with team member individual performance management
4. Serve as the operational and divisional expert of Hope Network Autism policies and procedures, including compliance with:
5. On-the-ground "quarterback" for all operational and center trouble-shooting needs
6. Hold daily morning flash meetings to check systems, census, staffing, admissions, insurance coverage
7. Partner with local agencies and regulatory bodies to ensure consistency of operation
8. Liaison daily with the scheduling (front office) to maximize scheduling of patients
9. Ensure staffing mix is appropriate (based on census), timekeeping & payroll preparation
10. Forecast recruiting needs daily and assisting the clinical staff with caseload management
11. Communicate with all current and prospective contractors on contracts – create a quarterly mechanism to track all contracts and rate inquiries (Medicaid health plans, commercial, self-funded plans, CMH’s, PIHP’s) to ensure contract execution
12. Support and meet all identified budgeted revenue targets (census growth, insurance mix, contracting/rates)
13. Support and meet all operational income and net income margin targets
14. Support and meet routine expenses to budget (productivity, payroll)
15. Actively participate in Autism and HN planning meetings
16. Track all variances daily, and report to Hope Network Executive Liaison(s), as assigned
17. Support Hope Network strategic planning and growth initiatives
18. Assist with start-up of new centers/services
19. Ensure that everyone experiences the Hope Network Autism Vision/Culture everyday
20. Establish supervision structure - frequent support and antecedent-based management aligned with HN performance management system
21. Define roles and responsibilities of supervisees, including on-site front office, revenue mgt., admin assistants and supervising those Admin/Scheduler activities and identifying training needs.
22. Implement performance improvement plans for supervisees, as appropriate
23. Conduct quarterly performance matrices for supervisees and assign to fine tune those newly created matrices
24. Build tools and resources associated with any new operational systems, including job aides, checklists, and quality assurance verification, all taught to a Behavioral Skills Training model
25. Onsite trainer for Operational Standards, working in collaboration with Hope network
26. Support all logistics associated with tours and visits
27. Build university connections to aid in awareness, partnerships, recruitment, fund development
28. Collaborate with executive service line and admin service department leaders
29. Attend regular meetings, as needed - Clinician and revenue, and contract meetings (as necessary), all-team meetings
30. Contribute to Hope Network strategic and operational standards initiatives
31. Participate in presentations, marketing and community meetings (bridge walk, fundraisers)
32. Regular travel within the state.
33. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. MBA, MHA, MPA, CPA, preferred.
3. Prior experience in an outpatient operations/administration and/or business analysis role preferably in the healthcare or human services fields.
4. Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
5. Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record as it relates to Hope Network policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior management experience (leadership of people and responsibility for P&L, budget)