The Administrative Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Supervise, organize and prioritize office duties for the department including processing monthly billing, reconciling documents and related activities, produce financial and transportation statistical reports for upper management, ridership data and fare collection.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Supervise, organize, and assign crucial administrative duties for the department including maintaining an adequate inventory of office supplies, answering phones and directing/assisting staff to using departmental support programs.
2. Manage any fare revenue accounting and reconciling process for the program.
3. Maintains records and develops precise and accurate financial and transportation reports and charts for business analysis purposes.
4. Oversee data entry for accuracy relating to passenger trips, process monthly billing for the department and assist accounting department in collection of past due invoices.
5. Supports the Operations Coordinator in the development of program and service implementation plans.
6. Participates in program projects which require researching issues, information or data collection and development of recommendations.
7. Supports leadership in coordinating community educational and outreach programs.
8. Independently resolves minor problems and issues which may impact program or service delivery of outcomes.
9. Collects preliminary client information and refers client to the appropriate program services.
10. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High School Diploma, Associates Degree in Business preferred.
2. Ability to work well with a diverse workforce to support and maintain an excellent teamwork environment.
3. Ability to be self driven and demonstrate and exercise sound business decisions and judgment.
4. Ability to lead others in a positive and effective way.
5. Excellent communication skills (oral/written) with the ability to listen, resolve, and negotiate appropriate problem resolution decisions.
6. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with community and agency personnel.
7. Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and change tasks as needed to meet the needs of the program.
8. Demonstrate strong computer skills using various system applications; i.e. MS Office, etc.
9. Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, accountability.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 3-5 years experience working in an office environment with multiple responsibilities.
2. Experience with computer programs, especially Microsoft suite.
3. Experience in billing processes and responsibilities.
4. Experience or training in supervision or leadership skills.
5. Work with a number of group of people such as peers, supervisors, agencies, consumers.