The Job Coach is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing vocational and rehabilitation services to individuals placed in competitive or supported employment. The Job Coach provides general and specific services emphasizing vocational and work development skills. They are responsible for developing a cooperative working relationship with the host company and community employers. The Job Coach is responsible for supervising the participants and their work performance of assigned individual (s) on or offsite. Assisting the participant with being successful on the job, proving employer education, developing assistive techniques and compensations is key to this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of the position.
2. Provide training for general work/employability skills as well as social skills training as it relates to an employment setting
3. Provide necessary orientation, training, supervision, and follow along services to assigned individuals at the work site or work setting.
4. Develop plan and implement strategies to ensure that the individual meets quality and productivity expectations, and follows employer’s policies. Work with individual on developing problem solving skills.
5. Define and apply strategies of work simplification, environmental modifications, task analysis and compensatory strategies with individuals. Use ergonomically sound methods of workstation modification. Consult with rehabilitation therapist for return to work recommendations
6. Advocate for individual.
7. Insure that that all involved parties are updated regarding latest vocational developments. This could include, the individual, their families, the employer, other therapist, as well as other involved parties.
8. Complete all documentation as required by program and policies including Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
9. Represent Hope Network to the community.
10. Perform transportation training and educate individuals and families about available transportation options. Review public transportation routes and schedules as indicated.
11. Provide job coaching services in and out of town. Travel is required in this position.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
Additional Specific Responsibilities – Project SEARCH
1. Perform applicable placement duties to ensure increased potential for students to be placed upon completion of their internship.
2. Meet productivity standards of the position
3. Assessing and developing plans to meet all job coaching needs of project SEARCH interns. Teaching employability skills and coordinating outcomes for each intern at completion of the program.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: BA/BS degree from an accredited university or institution of higher learning; equivalent related employment experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
2. Demonstrated experience working as a member of a team.
3. Strong communication skills written and verbal. Able to assess and effectively communicate strategies to resolve work related challenges
4. Demonstrated ability to work with people with neurological, psychological and physical disabilities. Certified Brain Injury Specialist credential is helpful for this position.
5. Ability to work with a minimal amount of direct supervision- must be ethical and have a high degree of integrity/honesty.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills.
7. Able to adapt to various personalities and work environments.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One or more years working with individuals how have a diverse background or disabilities.
2. Experience and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office- required
3. Valid Michigan driver's license with driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy
4. Ability to travel out of town to meet job requirements
5. Ability to work flexible hours to meet program needs; program locations will also vary
6. Previous work experience required