The Dietary Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Ordering and preparing food, and maintaining a kitchen in accordance with current applicable Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, our established policies and procedures, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. A Dietary Coordinator is delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out all assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Supervise the planning of special events for consumers and staff including, but not limited to the following: Holiday events, family functions/picnics, etc.
3. Participate in all team meetings and staff meetings as assigned.
4. Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. as directed (i.e. Proper food handling, sanitation procedures, etc.). Successfully complete all required training.
5. Participate in all inspections performed by authorized government agencies as needed.
6. Maintain confidentiality of all resident information.
7. Assure that the preparation, storage and service of food is in accordance with sanitary regulations and established policies and procedures. Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks. Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies. Plan and prepare meals for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus, utilizing standardized recipes and diet orders. Document any menu changes and make only authorized substitutions. Assure that food and supplies are readily available for the next meal’s preparation by reviewing the upcoming menus.
8. Assure that daily and weekly scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures. Assure that dietary service work areas, storage rooms, and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
9. Develop and maintain a good working relationship with inter and intra departmental personnel within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents and staff.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
3. Ability to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
4. Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
5. Ability to actively support the mission of Hope Network Behavioral Services corporate policy.
6. Ability to work independently with some flexibility.
7. Ability to self-direct.
8. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prefer 1 to 2 years of dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility.
2. Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
3. Previous work experience required.