The Lead Rehab Tech is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Ensure quality home environment for residents through the provision of supported assistance. To assure the health and safety of the residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assist in completing staff schedule a minimum of two weeks in advance. Complete shift assignments by the Friday prior to the upcoming week. Make decisions relative to client and program priorities and schedule adjustments in the event of non-routine and crisis situations. Secure additional staff when needed, such as for call-in situations.
3. Assist with scheduling staff for required training’s and monitor compliance with DSS requirements for staff training’s.
4. Coordinate and complete the transportation schedule by the Friday prior to the upcoming week.
5. Oversee and/or ensure the completion of all shift documentation and duties including but not limited to resident daily logs, shift assignments, overlap, ADL routines, specialized programs, and medications for Cedarwood/East Lansing.
6. Utilize specific knowledge regarding corporation and department to expedite specific requests from staff and visitors.
7. Sort and route all incoming and outgoing mail as assigned, including distributing incoming faxes in a timely manner.
8. Answer routine inquiries, compose announcements and correspondence of a general nature as scheduled. Also disseminate such information and schedules as assigned.
9. Assist with the proper care and maintenance of all consumer records maintained within the department. Filing completed in a timely and accurate manner.
10. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of office equipment to prevent extensive repairs and prolong life of equipment.
11. Demonstrated performance according to goals and objectives per the Support Staff Quality Improvement Plan.
12. Completion of designated projects relevant to position description as assigned. Projects will be outlined and discussed with immediate supervisor.
13. Promote positive morale by modeling and encouraging effective teamwork. Provide guidance, support, and instruction to Independent Living Instructors when needed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding resident interactions, as well as adherence to corporate and department policies and procedures.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education Required: Two-year degree from an accredited college or university. Equivalent
2. Level 5 – Access to PHI of consumers at affiliate of employment as it pertains to specific caseload.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to problem-solve independently.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate and complete documentation in verbal/written formats to meet position responsibilities.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals having special physical, emotional and social support needs
6. Demonstrated ability to train individuals, observe emotional and social behaviors and therapeutically adapt your responses and program implementation to meet individual needs.
7. Demonstrated ability to provide direct self-care to residents
8. Demonstrated ability to transfer individuals using proper transfer techniques and proper body mechanics.
9. Demonstrated ability to teach residents independent living skills.
10. Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
11. Valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to Hope Network policy, preferred (Driver's License may be required by some programs); if applicable, proper licensure to perform chauffeur duties.
12. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of Hope Network to various audiences.
13. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
14. Demonstrated ability to use word processing equipment and other office equipment such as fax machine, calculators and photocopying equipment.
15. Ability to interact effectively with individuals, staff, referral sources, and other individuals.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Basic computer skills and experience.