The Staffing Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The Staffing Coordinator collaborates with the HNI Management Team to understand staffing needs and is responsible for ensuring appropriate staff levels for all shifts. The Staffing Coordinator provides support to management and employees at the Hope Network Industries (HNI) location(s). This support may include, but not limited to the following: sourcing, recruitment, and onboarding of new talent, new employee performance review/evaluation, and community outreach and involvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Develop community partnerships with organizations that support Hope Network Industries’ mission of helping individuals overcome challenges and barriers to employment.
3. Responsible for sourcing, recruitment, screening, onboarding of new talent.
4. Assist candidates with application completion.
5. Make offers of employment and onboard new employees.
6. Partner with third party agencies for all employment related activities (Temporary employment agencies, Bethany Christian Services, State of Michigan, etc.)
7. Identify and participate in community based employment events and/or special interest networking groups.
8. Travel to various sites to attend job/career fairs as a representative of Hope Network.
9. Review and evaluate new employee performance during their first 90 days to help determine the continuation of employment.
10. Acts as a resource to employees and management regarding policy questions/interpretations, application of policy and procedures.
11. Employee Relations: promotes positive relationships within the facility.
12. Monitors and analyzes data and trends to identify opportunities, issues, and needs that may impact strategy and business results.
13. Acts as a change agent/leader and culture steward.
14. Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of employment law at federal, state and local levels.
15. Collaborates with Business Partners on legal and/or compliance matters.
16. Other duties, as assigned/required.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area of study preferred or applicable work experience.
2. PHR Certification is preferred.
3. Valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to Hope Network policy.
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems.
7. Experience with computer software programs including spreadsheets and word processing.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Three or more years of human resource experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
2. Prior experience working in a fast paced environment that presents multiple priorities.
3. Proven record of achieving high levels of service and delivery required.