The Janitor is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Dusting, mopping sweeping/vacuuming, restroom cleaning and trash/recycle. Janitor must be able to perform the duties as assigned according to specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
2. Gather and empty trash.
3. Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
4. Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
5. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
6. Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
7. Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
8. Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
9. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
10. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
11. Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
12. Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
13. Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
14. Notify Site Supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
15. Inform Site Supervisor of supplies and/or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
16. Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
17. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
2. Ability to clear background checks as applicable.
3. Have the desire to learn new skills, abilities and knowledge.
4. Ability to interact with the public using a respectful, customer service focus
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Past janitorial experience helpful but not required.
2. Past experience with Green Clean products is helpful.