The AP Analyst / Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for coordinating detailed expense reporting, analysis and metrics with various management groups within Hope Network. The AP Analyst / Coordinator is responsible for researching and coding the correct accounting treatment for payables. Many of these items are complex transactions that need to be explored in conjunction with upper management and documented for proper accounting treatment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Review AP Batch Edit reports for ensure coding accuracy and proper payment authorizations.
3. Perform Final Check and EFT audit for accuracy and appropriate approvals.
4. Maintain vendor records including online libraries for vendor documentation such as: W-9s, Certificates of Insurance, and EFT authorization forms.
5. Provides detailed expense analysis to HNLC department management for various projects and metrics.
6. Create and maintain vendor tickler system to ensure utility and maintenance contracts invoices are received and paid timely.
7. Manage month end accruals data and communication with Financial Analysts.
8. Oversee the coordination, planning and implementation of all AP system integrations resulting from acquisitions and program closings.
9. Participate in new accounting software implementation and development.
10. Support IT related projects and solutions to gain department wide efficiencies.
11. Prepare audit work papers and coordinate assistance to the auditors of accounts payable related areas.
12. Enforces proper separation of duties and other GAAP controls.
13. Follows proper filing and record retention requirements.
14. Assist with other tasks & special projects as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelors’ degree in Accounting.
2. Excellent understanding of computerized accounting. Microsoft Dynamic SL experience beneficial.
3. Demonstrated problem financial analysis skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written formats to meet position requirements.
5. Ability to prioritize both self and others workloads and work with minimal supervision; High degree of self-direction.
6. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality necessary in the performance of the job.
7. Solid reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Five year employment experience in both general accounting and accounts payable.
2. Experience interacting with all levels of management
3. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.