The Cash Posting Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The overall purpose of the Cash Posting Specialist position is to provide assistance to the Revenue Management team, primarily the Medical Billers. Responsible for the completion of deposit posting, deposit scanning, filing, entering denials from explanation of benefits, sending appeal letters, and other assigned projects related to Revenue Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Prepare and apply daily deposits from various funders.
3. Scan daily deposits and upload.
4. Prepare zero paid denials from insurance explanation of benefits and apply.
5. Apply adjustments and refunds.
6. Carries out special projects as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent attention to detail.
3. Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
4. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Excellent 10 key experience
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One year of previous work experience preferred.
2. Must be able to read EOB’s and CASS/Denial codes.
3. Basic understanding of insurance set up and waterfall.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office product preferred.
5. Knowledge of navigating through Intertnet.