The Case Manager - Clinician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The overall purpose is to coordinate all services necessary to maximize consumer recovery and independence. In residential settings provides clinical and program consultation to direct care staff. Ensure case management compliance with agency standards and the practice model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Capable of professional correspondence, through both speaking and writing
3. Ability to use telephone, email, fax, and complete billing/documentation through an electronic medical record
4. Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
5. Demonstrating strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
6. Provide comprehensive psychosocial assessments.
7. Coordinate and ensure consumer involvement in the Person Centered Planning Process (PCP) for assigned consumers. Assure responsibility for the development & implementation of each assigned consumer’s Individual Plan of Service.
8. Link consumers to necessary ancillary services.
9. Act as an advocate and/or a liaison coordinating services among providers of service and referral source.
10. Maintain consumer records – meeting all appropriate standards according to HNBHS and all regulatory bodies.
11. Develop, implement behavioral guidelines/interventions and track data related to the stated objective(s).
12. Facilitate the coordination of consumer intakes, discharges, and transfers to and from other facilities programs, agencies.
13. Facilitate psychiatric hospitalizations. Work collaboratively with the hospital to assure timely discharge back to the program, including daily phone or face to face contact and participation in hospital treatment team meetings.
14. Ensure that consumers are transported to appointments, accompanying them when medically necessary. Obtain relevant medical/treatment information from appointments. **Clinicians do not arrange transportation. Rather, they “coordinate with Nursing to offer behavioral supports before and after appointments as necessary”
15. Link and coordinate follow-up of professional recommendations.
16. Facilitate communication with guardians, payees, and family members with regard to consumer care, financial and treatment issues.
17. Meet with assigned consumers face-to-face as deemed medically necessary in their Individual Plan of Service.
18. Complete and submit Service Activity Logs (SALs) in accordance with agency policy/protocols.
19. Provides consultation to direct care staff regarding clinical and program issue, where applicable.
20. Administer and score standardized psychological assessment measures including tests that measure intellectual and adaptive functioning and achievement.
21. Provide individual therapy as assigned. Provide group psychotherapy as assigned
22. Assist in the development and facilitation of group therapy sessions.
23. Participates in the appropriate clinical “on-call” rotation. Provide input to the periodic review of the on-call system.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: Master Social Work Degree. Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW) or Limited Licensed Master Social Work (LLMSW) or Licensed Psychologist (LP) or Limited Licensed Psychologist (LLP) or Temporary Limited Licensed Psychologist (TLLP).
2. Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network insurance carrier definitions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior case management experience in a mental health or rehabilitation setting preferred.