The CM/SW Supervisor is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing supervision to assigned staff members and to coordinate social services provided to transitional extended care, outpatient and as applicable, home and community based consumers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Participate with the Director of Clinical Services and SW/CM Services Coordinator in the development and implementation of the program’s Strategic and Improvement planning. Also, participate in annual budgetary process within guidelines established.
3. Assists with reimbursement issues by working with Admissions Manager and billing office to assure that ongoing services are funded and collectable and provides relevant information to internal staff members.
4. Ensure that consumer programs are coordinated and outcome-oriented.
5. Provide organized and effective communication to internal and external sources both in written and verbal formats.
6. Develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with consumers, team members, referral and funding sources, and community professionals.
7. Take a lead role in marketing services by keeping quality control and customer satisfaction at high levels.
8. Directly supervise Social Workers, Case Managers, and Case Aides providing ongoing feedback and follow up communication in the day-to-day operations of the social services department including: facilitation of regular department meetings, completion of employee evaluations, monitor development, interviewing, hiring and training new staff, providing supervision in clinical delivery of services and ensuring staff comply with program’s policies and procedures.
9. Work with other Social Workers and Case Managers across our affiliates to develop best practices and consistency on intake paperwork, social work assessments, EMR requirements and processes, clinical competencies, family handbooks, and other areas of the social services departments.
10. Conduct psychosocial assessments with individuals and families and document this information in the Personal History and Family Assessment Report.
11. Serve as a member of the inter-disciplinary team to provide pertinent psychosocial information and an assessment of the families’ ability to understand and cope with the consumer’s challenges.
12. For Social Work caseload, function at expected levels of a Rehab Social Worker II.
13. Serve as a primary therapist/case manager as assigned to provide and/or coordinate psycho-emotional services to individuals.
14. Provides consultation and training to staff through in-services regarding inter-personal, social and behavioral functioning of individuals/families.
15. Assist and/or lead in program development, particularly in the areas of psycho-emotional curriculum and family services.
16. May serve as case manager when assigned to coordinate both internal and external services provided to individuals and families.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: Master’s degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) from an accredited school
2. Licensed as a Social Worker by the State of Michigan
3. Ability to interface effectively with professionals from outside agencies (excellent verbal/written communication skills)
4. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
5. Ability to work with little supervision or direction (demonstrated initiative)
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 5 years prior employment in a human service field which includes case management experience
2. 3 years of supervisory experience
3. Experience in program development, community rehabilitation, and services to brain injured population
4. Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.