The Production Coordinator is a key associate at Hope Network Industries whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for the supervision of production activities while ensuring that all employees abide by Hope Network’s policies and procedures. Coordinate all work and establish/carry out work schedules to meet deadlines. Maintain quality control and instruct staff regarding customer specifications. Monitor output of all personnel to ensure that standards of performance are met with optimal efficiency. Control labor and other expenses in-line with revenue. Hold all employees accountable for job performance, while being fair and consistent. Coach and mentor Team Leaders, Trainers and Production Workers. Must be self-directed and possess a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude while working in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Orient new production workers and production trainers as needed to the work area, facility and work rules. This includes temporary employees and participants in the training program.
2. Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team for the accomplishment of the department and agency mission and goals. Collaborate with team to resolve issues.
3. Promote, demonstrate and maintain positive communication with demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire. Help others see and develop personal growth opportunities.
4. Keep work area safe and clear of safety hazards. Be familiar with OSHA standards and report all safety issues and accidents to HNI Management.
5. Demonstrate and explain the expected “work personality” that will achieve productivity expectations and professionalism.
6. Legibly and accurately prepare and inspected all necessary production related documents in a timely manner.
7. Help develop and maintain processes that will assure production workers will meet quality and productivity standards. Communicate production requirements, ongoing monitoring of standards, ensure production boards are filled out accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Perform annual performance evaluations on time and as required. Set expectations, monitor output and hold employees accountable for production rates and quality. Anything less than expected output must be documented and addressed to provide consistent expectations with all staff members.
9. Maintain work flow and quality control, monitoring production process and performing routine inspections of product, equipment, variables, personnel and resources; documents corrective actions (with accountability) for anything that is not to specification to prevent recurrence of quality issues. Ensure that any rework or quality issues are documented and corrective measures are implemented.
10. Assist in keeping production inventory organized by identifying components with accurate counts and identification.
11. Successfully execute production schedules on a daily basis to meet customer deadlines. Plan ahead as needed to ensure that resources (PW’s, supplies, equipment, etc.) are ready as required for schedules. Minimize downtime. Communicate any obstacles to proactively communicate issues which could affect customer service (quality, delivery, etc.) Work to prevent downtime and plan for changeovers.
12. Be thoroughly familiar with job instructions and operation of production machinery in assigned facility. Must be knowledgeable about basic troubleshooting of equipment. Work to predict equipment failure when feasible to prevent downtime.
13. Determine optimal space utilization while maintaining a safe, clean, and productive work environment. Housekeeping standards must be met at all times, including 5-S initiatives and eliminating waste.
14. Secure the work floor at the end of each shift; ensure any equipment that will not be in use is properly shut down, line clearance and Housekeeping standards are met and prepare the next job when applicable.
15. Follow all Hope Network policies and procedures including the Hope Network Industries Workplace Guide and all Good Manufacturing Practices, GMP’s.
16. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Ability to successfully create a positive team and work environment, demonstrate positive attitude and ability to be a role model for employees.
2. Must be able to work in a professional manner and show respect to all employees, consumers, guests and customers.
3. Ability to demonstrate and explain the expected “work personality” that will achieve productivity expectations and professionalism.
4. Excellent math, communication, and customer service skills.
5. Good planning and prediction skills (estimating length of time required, number of works, deadlines, etc.)
6. Must be able to proactively coach and assist employees when arguments or disagreements are starting to rise.
7. Good computer skills with experience using MS Office programs required, MRP software experience preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Three years experience in a manufacturing setting is required.
2. At least one year experience in a supervisory setting of 10 or more employees, motivating and engaging the team to produce positive outcomes.
3. Demonstrated ability to approach people with a teaching attitude rather than an attitude of superiority.
4. Must be able to perform all competencies of the Production Workers, Trainers and Team Leaders.