The Vocational Program Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
The development of job experiences and situational assessments sites. May perform situational assessment as well as completing a comprehensive assessment report. Responsible for all record management, for tracking/managing Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) including coordinating the authorization of the hours needed for the next month, entering authorizations into the electronic medical record and problem-solving issues related to MRS vocational billing. Provides case management for vocational consumers as assigned. Audits various vocational documentation for accuracy including billing notes. Enter consumer payroll into the Vertex System. Assists with vocational data collection. May cover for supervisor in their absence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Determine MRS funding parameters, communicates with involved parties internal and external to the program. Monitors team adherence to prescribed parameters. Documents own activities. Works cooperatively with the Business Office to assure accurate billing and collection for billable services provided. Enters MRS Authorizations into the medical record. Takes the lead when needed to work out problems in the system.
3. Provide case management services to vocational consumers as assigned. Track necessary paperwork and ensure completion of it.
4. Complete and distribute appropriately all intake/admission forms. Obtains copies of all necessary documents including identification, insurance, and legal forms. Alerts the Admissions Department when vocational admissions occur.
5. Communicate appropriately with outside parties such as MRS counselors, physicians, rehabilitation nurses, families, and other service providers. Portrays a positive, professional image of the program
6. Auditing the Vocational eCare billing documentation for accuracy and meeting the standards identified. Share information regarding accuracy with appropriate supervisor.
7. May be responsible for entering consumer payroll information into the Vertex System. Insure that consumer payroll records are complete and that information is stored for the required length of time.
8. Develop work experiences for situational assessments as requested by referral sources. Perform situational assessments and comprehensive reporting of findings and recommendations. Arrange review meetings as required.
9. May provide supervision when supervisor is absent or unavailable.
10. Assist with data collection regarding vocational program outcomes.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
(Please list the minimum education requirements for this position and then the Talent (skill) sets that are required or preferred in parentheses) 5 talents (skills) required
1. BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university. Related employment experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
2. Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills.
3. Ability to interface effectively with professionals from outside agencies.
4. Valid driver’s license required with driving record acceptable to Hope Network policy and standards. Ability to drive personal or company vehicles for work-related activities.
5. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to work with little supervision or direction.
7. Demonstrated initiative.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. At least two years of experience in a field related to or relevant to rehabilitation.
2. Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) systems
3. Experience in program development, case management services, and services to assigned individuals
4. Experience with vocational rehabilitation.